February 4, 2010

Deb of Bookmagic Answers 20 Questions

Welcome back to 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better.

Today I would like to present to you the wonderful Deb of the book blog, Bookmagic! Thanks so much, Deb, for sharing with us today!

20 QUESTIONS

1.
Last book you bought: Wolf Hall by Hillary Mantel and The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver

2. Last book you got in the mail: same

3. The first book you read over and over: Nancy Drew books

4. Children’s book every child should read: Anything by Shel Silverstein

5. Favorite place to read: in bed late at night, my comfy chair

6. A book you bought just for the cover: Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland

7. Scariest book ever read: can't remember scariest but recently read House Next Door by Anne River Siddons- scary

8. Most romantic book ever read: Pride and Prejudice, how original of me

9. Book that changed your life in some way: Diary of Anne Frank. a big change from the Nancy Drew books

10. Book you’ve re-read the most times: Bridget Jones' Diary and anything by Alice Hoffman

11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for: Shakespeare

12. Book you needed the dictionary for: none in particular but I always look up words I don't know

13. Book you like that no one else seems to: Cleaving by Julie Powell

14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

15. Number of books you own (you can guess): 2000ish

16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet): between sixty and a million

17. Must-have reading accessories: blankets and pillows and pj's and pups

18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to: Victorian London

19. Top Three Favorite Authors: Barbara Kingsolver, Jane Austen, Alice Hoffman

20. Three Bloggers You Want to See Featured in the Future: A Buckeye Girl Reads, Wordsmithonia, The True Book Addict


Thanks so much, Deb! I am one of those who love Eat Pray Love, but I do know others who don't like it. I think you either love it or you hate it. I have never even heard of Cleaving I don't think. Good call on Kingsolver and Austen and P&P is a romantic book. It is a popular answer for a reason, right! By the way, I love, love, love that you said your TBR list is between sixty and a million. TOO awesome!

Check below to see who is appearing on 20 Questions next! There's a great lineup!:

~Heather of Tales of a Capricious Reader (2-11)
~Susan of The Book Chook (2-18)
~Kristen of We Be Reading (2-25)
~Jill of Fizzy Thoughts (3-4)
~Michelle of Galleysmith (3-11)
~Trisha of eclectic/eccentric (3-18)

~Natasha (aka Vasilly) of 1330v (3-25)
~Staci of Life in the Thumb (4-1)


Do you want to be featured on 20 Questions? Send me an e-mail (which you can find on my Blogger profile!) with your answers to the questions! Please include questions and answers together, which makes it easier for me to post, plus a photo if you want me to put a different one than your blog's profile picture. I will then e-mail you and let you know when you will be featured! Thanks!


15 comments:

  1. And I thought I had a lot of books. Now that have weeded some away, I have about a quarter of what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Deb! Thanks Rebecca for hosting her this week. Deb is a great blogger and a good friend. And thanks Deb for saying you would like to see me featured here! I took the initiative and am emailing my answers to Rebecca today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2000 books is awesome. I keep trying to weed mine out but I think I bring more in than I give out :)
    Kingsovler, Austen, and Hoffman are GREAT choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, Deb! I am a big fan of Jane Austen, Alice Hoffman, and Barbara Kingsolver, too.

    I love your description of your TBR list ... between 60 and 1,000,000. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun reading her answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder I like Deb's blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun to read this interview with Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2000 books?! I would love to own that many.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hold on to my books and maybe purge 20 a year. This 2000 includes my nancy drew collection and other child hood books. I can get rid of anything but books!! or my pups!
    Thanks Rebecca for featuring me, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday!

    I have an award for you at my blog!

    http://missysbooknook.blogspot.com/2010/02/woo-hoo-award-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, I have to start reading Deb's blog; her taste in authors is similar to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deb, I love that you answered Shel Silverstein!! Awesome and I agree!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!