February 2, 2010

The Book List Meme for 02-02-10


The way you do this meme is simple:
  • There is a different topic each week, which will be posted here.
  • You write a post on your own blog about the topic.
  • The post will be a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic. So, for example, if the topic were, say, 3 Books That Make You Want to Go Shopping, you would write a list of 3 books that when you read them made you want to max out your credit card. I have no idea what those books would be, but you get the picture.
  • You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.
  • You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.
  • Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!
  • There is no obligation to post every single week. Participate when you can!
Sound fun? I hope so!

This Week's Topic is:

3
Books I Read When I Need a Good Cry

Here is my own list:
1. A Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks- A beautiful, but bittersweet, love story.
2. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult- I felt the end was a pretty realistic twist- unfair like life- but also a real tearjerker.
3. The Diary of Anne Frank- How do you not cry?

So what are the books you turn to when you need a good tearjerker story?

Play along by posting to your blog or, if you don't have a blog, play along in the comments. Here is the Mr. Linky for your blog post. If it does not work for you, you may leave your link in the comments section, too. I will be making a master list for all of the Book Lists eventually.



Upcoming Topics:
~3 Anti-Love/Anti-Couple Books (in lieu of the predictable Valentine's Day list :)
~3 Books That Make Me Long for Warmer Weather
~3 Books That Should Be Made Into Movies

Thanks to Pam of Bookalicio.us for the Meme Button!

13 comments:

  1. Night by Elie Wiesel
    Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Another one to add is Life's That Way by Jim Beaver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I almost put "Message in a Bottle" on mine too. Geez that one's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yess, My Sister's Keeper was a bawler. You can also read the short novel Love Story by Segal to shed a tear or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo, The Book Thief and The Time Traveler's Wife, for sure. They cause me to cry many, many tears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridge to Terabithia
    The Time Traveler's Wife
    The Giving Tree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm, I have to think on this one for a while!! Though I think I have to agree with My Sister's Keeper! Definitely shed a tear on that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to avoid books that will make me cry. It's hard because I'm a crybaby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm like Kristen. I avoid books that I know will make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know this is going to soun cynical and rotten -- but I disliked the end of My Sister's Keeper, and not because. It was sad (though it was). it seemed really contrived to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't need to read anything to inspire me to cry, usually. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just finished My Sister's Keeper. shoot, i was bawling like crazy. It was so ironic, like damnnn. =(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!