February 23, 2010

Book List: Books That Should Be Made Into Movies


The Book List is just a short and fun meme that allows you to share books and make a list of books!

The way you do this meme is simple:
  • There is a different topic each week, which will be posted here.
  • You write a post on your own blog about the topic.
  • The post will be a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic.
  • You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.
  • You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.
  • Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!
  • There is no obligation to post every single week. Participate when you can!
Sound fun? Then join in!

This Week's Topic is:

3 Books That Should Be Made Into Movies

My List:


1. The Thriller/Drama: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson






2. The Drama/Foreign Film: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini





3. The True Story/Dramedy: The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls



Play along by posting to your blog or, if you don't have a blog, play along in the comments. Here is the Mr. Linky for your blog post. If it does not work for you, you may leave your link in the comments section, too. I am currently working on making the master list for all of the books we list!




Upcoming Topics:
~3 Best/Worst Sidekicks to a Hero in a Book
~3 Books That Take You Back to High School

~3 Books That You Loved as a Child

21 comments:

  1. Rebecca, I'm enjoying these posts. And I agree that these three should be made into movies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Lots of fun with these posts. Plus I'm getting some new ideas for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on Larsson's book. And thanks for always giving us the categories a few weeks out. It gives me time to really think about the question. I love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Girls With the Dragon Tattoo is a movie. The Swedish film will be released in the U.S. next month, but I believe there is an American version in production set to release in 2012 as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun list today! :) I haven't read any of these you've got listed, but I've heard good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Girl Who Played with Fire is always checked out at the library, so I still haven't read it.

    I can agree on A Thousand Splendid Suns though- I couldn't put that book down.
    I'll have to look for The Glass Castle.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Stieg Larsson one has already been made into a movie ;-) It's a Skandinavian production, I think, and it's out in the movies in Germany already...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just hope they won't give the characters British accents in the American version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I hate when they do that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second A Thousand Splendid Suns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear that the Larsson book has already been filmed, although don't know if I can stomach actually seeing some of the first one...
    Similarly, I know I couldn't stomach seeing the scenes in A Thousand Splendid Suns. Too brutal and powerful.
    I got to thinking about this and posted my choices over at my own blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only one of these that I have read is A Thousand Splendid Suns, but just picturing those ladies burying the tv in the yard makes me want to laugh. I agree that it would make a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only one of the three I've read is The Glass Castle and it would make a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking A Thousand Splendid Suns was already a movie, but now I realize that's Kite Runner. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of those would make great movies!!! Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm, I might have to do this one. I know one book I definitely I want to be made into a movie, but I'll have to do some thinking with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree about Splendid Suns but I bet we never see it. They did a good job of his first book, The Kite Runner.
    re your comment: You asked about reviews of The Blue Flower and Black Swan Green. My review of the first is here:

    The Blue Flower

    And I'm posting one for the second book later this week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. +JMJ+

    Hi, Rebecca! =) I just found your blog a few days ago and think this meme is great. I'm not participating this week, though, because I can't think of any book I'd be happy to see turned into a movie! =P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good ones!!! I would love to figure out who would be good as Lisbeth Salander. And another blogger was telling me the movie was made of it ... in Sweden. The US rights are being optioned so keep your fingers crossed.

    I'd love to see them attempt the Harry Potter books. HAHA! Joking! Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The hardest part of this one was narrowing the books down to three!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jeanette was on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson last night. She was very personable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo on my Netflix wait list. I hope it's good. The American version will most likely suck as they change the whole story and have Lisbeth played by Katherine Heigel or someone equally inappropriate.
    I still have to see The Kite Runner.

    I loved The Glass Castle, what an amazing memoir

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!