February 3, 2010

Blog Luv Fest- Songwriting

In honor of Valentine's Day, chris of book-a-rama is hosting Blog Luv Fest. For the next 2 weeks participants will be posting special posts for Valentine's Day.

Today I want to share with you some of my favorite love song lyrics. Can you guess the song each lyric goes to? (I made it pretty easy.)

SONG LYRICS

1. I only live for your love and your kiss/It's paradise to be near you like this/Because of you my life is now worthwhile/And I can smile

2. I know there's only, only one like you/There's no way, they could have made two/You're all I'm living for/Your love I'll keep for evermore

3.There's just no rhyme or reason/Only this sense of completion/And in your eyes/I see the missing pieces/I'm searching for/I think I've found my way home

4. Fill my heart with song/Let me sing forever more/You are all I long for/All I worship and adore (Brownie Points for this one- it's one of my favorites!)

5. Hit me like a ray of sun/Burning through my darkest night/You're the only one that I want/Think I'm addicted to your light

6.Take me as I am - take my life/I would give it all I would sacrifice

7.Now I can rest my worries and always be sure/That I won't be alone anymore

8.When you're in my arms and I feel you so close to me/All my wildest dreams came true

9. Every time our eyes meet/This feeling inside me/Is almost more than I can take

10. I'll miss you/I'll kiss you/Give you my coat when you are cold/Need you/Feed you/Even let you hold the remote control


SONG TITLES

1. Nearness of You- Norah Jones
2. Halo- Beyonce
3. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You- Bryan Adams
4. Because of You- Tony Bennett
5. You're the First, the Last, My Everything- Barry White
6. Grow Old With You- Adam Sandler
7. Amazed- Lonestar
8. I Knew I Loved You- Savage Garden
9. Fly Me to the Moon- Frank Sinatra
10. Now and Forever- Richard Marx

4 comments:

  1. I love that Savage Garden song (number 3). Have you ever heard the song Goreki from Lamb? It's kind of similiar:

    All this time I've loved you
    And never known your face
    All this time I've missed you
    And searched this human race

    I've found the one I've waited for

    All I've known
    All I've done
    All I've felt was leading to this

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.Now and Forever
    2.Fly Me To The Moon
    3.I knew I loved You
    4.Because of You
    5.Halo
    6.Everything I Do
    7.You're the First...etc
    8.Nearness of You
    9.Amazed
    10.Grow Old With You

    Some I knew instantly, others I totally guessed, but I promise I didn't cheat! Fun game! I love guessing music lyrics! And bonus points to you for including the song from The Wedding Singer! Love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #4 is Fly Me To The Moon, I know that.

    What, no, "I want your love, LAHV LAHV LAHV, I want your love"??? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!