January 7, 2010

Writing? No. Procrastinating? Yes.

So, I'm having trouble getting into writing this week. I think it is because I am sooo tired. The first week back in the classroom after a 2 week break is pretty challenging. The kids have all but forgotten the rules and routine and I have come home the past 2 days and slept from 4-8:30pm. I wake up and think well if I can't go back to sleep I will do something productive, like write up a book review or some posts I have in mind. But it requires such concentration that I procrastinate. (You probably know by now that procrastinating is one of my true talents.)

I thought well I do have the energy to say hello and tell you that at least by Saturday I will have something up because Saturday is a special day for me! Between now and then I will try to catch up on my beauty sleep. I need it this week!

Hugs,
Becca :)

9 comments:

  1. I totally understand the difficulty of getting back into the school routine. We were lucky enough to have a snow day yesterday, so that means we will gently ease into the 5-day-a-week grind.

    Are you taking part in the Bloggiesta this weekend? That may provide motivation to get out of the writing slump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Procrastination is one of my true talents too! I hope you feel more rested soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling less tired soon. Our kids went back on Monday and have been off since yesterday, due to the snow. The teachers are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have our moments of procrastination. Are you doing Bloggiesta this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get some rest. It must be hard work teaching the kids to behave all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, just get yourself and the kids back into the routine. We'll still be here when you get a chance to post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to know that I'm not the only procrastinator in town!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I figure procrastination is me subliminally telling myself I don't want to do something. Of course, some things HAVE to be done, so that's not helpful, but with things like blogging? Meh. Write when & how you want; the rest will sort itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been having a hard time beating the procrastination bug too and I have no excuse like you do with getting back to the school routine. Oh wait! I've had to wake the kids up for school again and that's kicking my butt (so is having one of them home from school sick) so I guess I do have a lame excuse of sorts. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!