January 12, 2010

IT IS HERE: The Book List Meme


You may remember me asking you a few weeks back if anyone would be interested in a new meme about book lists?

Well, here is the first meme post about it. I am going to call it the really uber-creative name The Book List. :) Pam of bookalicio.us made me this button for the meme. Thanks, Pam. There would not have been a button without you!

The way you do the meme is simple:
  • There is a different topic each week, which will be posted here.
  • You write a post on your own blog about the topic.
  • The post will be a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic. So, for example, if the topic were, say, 3 Books That Make You Want to Go Shopping, you would write a list of 3 books that when you read them made you want to max out your credit card. I have no idea what those books would be, but you get the picture.
  • You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.
  • You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.
  • Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!
Sound fun? I hope so!

You guys came up with some great topics for this meme already. If you ever have ideas for it, please do not hesitate to share them with me. I will always give credit to whomever came up with the list idea. I'm no idea stealer!

The first topic for The Book List is going to be one I actually came up with, but your ideas will certainly be integrated in to the ideas (see Upcoming Topics below the Mr. Linky).

This Week's Topic is:

3 Book Titles That Made Me Laugh Out Loud When I First Read Them

Here is my own list:

1. Things I Heard While Talking to Myself by Alan Alda

2. Babies and Other Hazards of Sex: How to Make a Tiny Person in Only 9 Months, with Tools You Probably Have Around the Home by Dave Barry

3. Still Stripping After 25 Years by Eleanor Burns
(Not what you think, is it? :)







Want to play? It's easy and fun! Here is the Mr. Linky. If it does not work for you, you may leave your link in the comments section, too. I will be making a master list for all of the Book Lists too.





Upcoming Topics:
~3 Characters I Love to Hate
~3 Fiction Worlds I Would Like to Hang Out In (Thx to Susan!)
~3 Books I Read When I Need a Good Cry

22 comments:

  1. I love your list, especially the Dave Barry title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a list (hopefully I'll participate in the future) but I had to share one title that fits: The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven, by Sherman Alexie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much anything Dave Barry writes about makes me laugh out loud but that title is just hysterical. Thanks for the hearty chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great meme. I haven't read many books that have made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great meme. Not enough energy for a post this week so:

    3 Book Titles That Made Me Laugh Out Loud When I First Read Them:

    1.Unreliable Memoirs: Autobiography
    by Clive James (AUS) 1981

    2.Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank B. Gilbreth (US) 1948

    3.The one I've just posted my thoughts about: Moby Dick by Herman Melville (US) 1851

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great meme Rebecca! I am so in. I just have to write a post and come back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was sooo fun! I just posted mine. *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers

    2. One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya Sones

    3. The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert Rankin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking of all of the books that I've read and can't come up with 3 at this very moment...give me time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. I will do mine later. I can easily name 3 books for this one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy- Thanks!
    Heather- Oh, good one.
    Kaye- Agreed.
    Vivienne- Do you not like reading humorous books?
    Sandra- That's ok. If anyone understands, it is me. I like Unreliable Memoirs. That sounds like me. lol

    lilly- I look forward to it!
    Katy- Thanks for participating, great list!
    Jeanne- Love the one where the mother dies. Classic.
    Staci- I'm sure you can do it. ;)
    Stephanie- Another good one!
    Deb- I look forward to reading it! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea & will be participating in future but I am completely blanking on this one! Do I ever laugh out loud when I read? I can't think of one single time that's ever happened.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, apparently I cannot read. I got so stuck on funny books that I totally omitted that "titles" word in there :O. I promise I will read the assignment better next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was great!!!

    I'm going to try and do this but we're headed on vacation on Thursday so I might not have time. I might end up hooking my post up next week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Dave Barry title is classic! I can't beat that so won't even try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list. Sherman Alexie makes me laugh out loud.
    I do love lists, but am trying to reist another meme. Let me think absout it. Maybe I could participate on a not-so-weekly basis.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay meme!

    "Things I Heard While Talking to Myself" sounds great; that's one I'll definitely check out :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this meme! I'm going to post it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun idea. Let me think about this and I'll post mine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a fun idea! You're titles alone made me chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great one. I had to really think because not that many books make me laugh out loud. Which is a lucky thing since it makes my husband crazy when I do that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!