January 21, 2010

Carrie of Books and Movies Answers 20 Questions

Welcome back to 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better.

Today I would like to present to you Carrie of Books and Movies and Mommy Brain! Thanks so much, Carrie, for sharing with us today!

20 QUESTIONS


1. Last book you bought: The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
2. Last book you got in the mail: Almost Home by Pam Jenoff
3. The first book you read over and over: From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsberg - I must have read that book a dozen times during grade school!
4. Children’s book every child should read: That's a tough one! For picture books, I guess I'd choose Goin' Someplace Special by Patricia C. McKissack. I'd have a really hard time narrowing it down to one children's novel, but a recent one we have loved is The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart.
5. Favorite place to read: In bed.
6. A book you bought just for the cover: A Sense of Paper by Taylor Holden.
7. Scariest book ever read: The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule
8. Most romantic book ever read: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, with Outlander by Diana Gabaldon as a close runner-up.
9. Book that changed your life in some way: The Bible.
10. Book you’ve re-read the most times: Trinity by Leon Uris.
11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for: I didn't actually use the Cliff Notes, but I had to keep a note card on which I jotted down the names and relationships of all the characters when I read Anna Karenina by Tolstoy.
12. Book you needed the dictionary for: Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy.
13. Book you like that no one else seems to: I can't think of one!
14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
15. Number of books you own (you can guess): Probably 500.
16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet): Hundreds - too many to count!
17. Must-have reading accessories: A bookmark and good lighting.
18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to: Bath, England - my best friend just went there and visited the Jane Austen museum! She brought me back a DVD postcard, and the pictures are gorgeous!
19. Top Three Favorite Authors: Leon Uris, Edith Wharton, Jane Austen - those are the three that come to mind right now. :)
20. Three Bloggers You Want to See Featured in the Future: Word Lily (http://wordlily.com/), 1330v (http://classicvasilly.wordpress.com/), and You've Gotta Read This (http://sandynawrot.blogspot.com/)

Thanks so much, Carrie! I am right there with you on Jane Austen and P&P, but The Poisonwood Bible is one of my favorites! But no one is going to like all the same books. I also enjoy reading in bed. It is so snuggly. :)

Check below to see who is appearing on 20 Questions next! There's a great lineup!:

~Jemima of The Reading Journey (1-28)
~Deb of Bookmagic (2-4)
~Heather of Tales of a Capricious Reader (2-11)
~Susan of The Book Chook (2-18)
~Kristen of We Be Reading
~Jill of Fizzy Thoughts
~Michelle of Galleysmith
~Trisha of eclectic/eccentric

~Natasha (aka Vasilly) of 1330v
~Staci of Life in the Thumb


Do you want to be featured on 20 Questions? Send me an e-mail (which you can find on my Blogger profile!) with your answers to the questions! Please include questions and answers together, which makes it easier for me to post, plus a photo if you want me to put a different one than your blog's profile picture. I will then e-mail you and let you know when you will be featured! Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this! (And I have purchased many books since that one - using Christmas money. ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of Leon Uris's work in years and Carrie's just made me want to re-visit his work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand needing a note card to keep up with the characters in Anna Karenina -- just keeping up with the multiple names of Russian characters is a mind-bender. :-)

    And I definitely want to make it to the Jane Austen museum someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept a notebook with the names and relationships for War and Peace, too. Not sure if I did the same with Anna Karenina, but probably did.

    I'd love to visit Bath, as well. Reading all about it in Northanger Abbey has made me curious, and the Jane Austen museum would be a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Cliff Notes for Anna karenina...haven't read it yet though!! I loved Mixed-Up Files!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! My bed is my favorite place to read too, especially in wintertime :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read Leon Uris but he's a favorite at my library. Love reading in bed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love "From the Mixed-Up Files ..."!!! I can never be in a musuem without thinking about that book. I always contemplate hiding in the bathroom and staying in until closing time so I can be there all night. Thanks for the great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm taking my kids to NYC for the first time in a couple of weeks--they're teenagers, but they both want to go to the Metropolitan museum of art "because it's where the kids ran away to."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie is one of my favorite bloggers! And I love reading in bed, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tasha - you're sweet - and the feeling is mutual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel the same way about The Poisonwood Bibles. I just couldn't get into it, event though I lover her other books.

    And, I read From the Mixed Up Files over and over again too as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I used to read in bed but I usually fall asleep.I need to read Tess of the D'Urbervilles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No idea how I got so far behind in my Reader. I would have to agree with Outlander and Pride & Prejudice as most romantic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!