January 19, 2010

The Book List Meme for 1-19-10


If you missed last week's Book List, you can click here to see the topic and read participant's lists.

The way you do the meme is simple:
  • There is a different topic each week, which will be posted here.
  • You write a post on your own blog about the topic.
  • The post will be a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic. So, for example, if the topic were, say, 3 Books That Make You Want to Go Shopping, you would write a list of 3 books that when you read them made you want to max out your credit card. I have no idea what those books would be, but you get the picture.
  • You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.
  • You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.
  • Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!
  • There is no obligation to post every single week. Participate when you can!
Sound fun? I hope so!

This Week's Topic is:

3 Characters I Love to Hate

Here is my own list:
1. "Mister", Celie's husband, from The Color Purple by Alice Walker
2. The scientists from "the School" in When the Wind Blows, The Lake House, and the Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson
3. "Ingrid" from White Oleander by Janet Fitch


Want to play? It's easy and fun! Here is the Mr. Linky. If it does not work for you, you may leave your link in the comments section, too. I will be making a master list for all of the Book Lists too.




Upcoming Topics:
~3 Fiction Worlds I Would Like to Hang Out In (Thx to Susan of The Book Chook!)
~3 Books I Read When I Need a Good Cry



Thanks to Pam of Bookalicio.us for the Meme Button!

7 comments:

  1. Gotta go with ... Macbeth as a classic, because he's the closest to a hero in the story but you can see him leading himself to his doom with every bad choice. Then the hero of Candid, because he deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read the first Maximum Ride series from your list, so not sure if I agree here or not! I'm heading over to write my list right now! I have been racking my brain all day on this one!! I think I've finally come up with my 3 (at least for today)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't actually read any of the books you've mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mister is a bad, bad man.

    I just made up my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have put Mister on my list if you didn't. Just got a chance to do this today--almost forgot it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. Was planning to do this one on the appropriate day this week and managed to get a computer virus (as if the actual virus the kid caught wasn't enough, he fried the computer too!) so didn't manage to do it. Hopefully I'll remember to play next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making lists! Thanks for the excuse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!