January 26, 2010

The Book List for 01-26-10


The way you do this meme is simple:
  • There is a different topic each week, which will be posted here.
  • You write a post on your own blog about the topic.
  • The post will be a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic. So, for example, if the topic were, say, 3 Books That Make You Want to Go Shopping, you would write a list of 3 books that when you read them made you want to max out your credit card. I have no idea what those books would be, but you get the picture.
  • You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.
  • You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.
  • Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!
  • There is no obligation to post every single week. Participate when you can!
Sound fun? I hope so!

Thanks to Susan of The Book Chook for this week's topic!
This Week's Topic is:

3 Fiction Worlds I Would Like to Hang Out In

Here is my own list:
1. Pride & Prejudice- I love the era and I think I would have fun hanging out there like in Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict or Lost in Austen.
2. Harry Potter- I haven't even read the books but I know I would love to hang out in that wickedly awesome castle for a while and just explore. Oh, and ride a broomstick.
3. I can't think of another one off hand. Maybe you can help?


Want to play? It's easy and fun! Here is the Mr. Linky. If it does not work for you, you may leave your link in the comments section, too. I will be making a master list for all of the Book Lists too.






Upcoming Topics:
~3 Books I Read When I Need a Good Cry

~3 Anti-Love/Anti-Couple Books (in lieu of the predictable Valentine's Day list :)
~3 Books That Make Me Long for Warmer Weather
~3 Books That Should Be Made Into Movies

Thanks to Pam of Bookalicio.us for the Meme Button!

21 comments:

  1. I would like to hang out in Anne of Green Gable's Prince Edward Island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter for sure! I would add the small town in Ferrol Sams books to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the world of Harry Potter is great :) And any time I can be transported back to a castle in England during the Tudor or Plantagenet era would be great too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to work hard not to use Harry or P&P but I finally managed. And I definitely agree with A Bookshelf Monstrosity that Anne's PEI would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put my list up and I couldn't help stealing one of yours. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there anyone who doesn't want to live in the world of Harry Potter? Everyone at my house is waiting for the Orlando version to be ready!

    I'd like to live in the world of Gateway, a SF novel in which you could get into an alien ship and go...anywhere in the galaxy, but you wouldn't know where until you arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to use Harry Potter too, because it's the first place I thought of. But I came up with a few more good ones too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh Prince Edward Island! I forgot about that...ah well i wouldn't do well in a place without the internet anyhow XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just going to answer in the comments rather than do an entire post. I just don't have the time or the memory.

    1. Hogwarts (I mean, who wouldn't!!??)
    2. Narnia
    3. Prince Edward Island with Anne.

    Pretty mundane, yes but they are just too irresistable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun meme. I'd love to hang out at Hogwarts, but I think I'd like Xanth even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the places that you picked!! I'd hang out in either one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've posted mine & added to Mr. Linky. Want my fourth world? That would have to be Savannah, GA from Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my three would be Narnia and Hogwarts, and then - let me think - then the one in Diana Wynne Jones's Howl's Moving Castle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. PEI is a great one--I totally didn't think about that. My mind wandered more in the direction of fantasy for this meme.

    I also wouldn't mind visiting the worlds created by Frances Hodgson Burnett in The Secret Garden & A Little Princess.

    Fun meme and fun theme this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome question. I think I would want to hang out in The Book of Lost Things - just to see what exactly the creatures from that world actually looked like. But then I'd want to hightail it out of there before one of them ate me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just posted mine and there are no surprises there! This was a fun one this week, and a complete no brainer for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great meme! I just posted mine and I will be sure to keep joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both great choices! Maybe I would mind The Hitchiker series my Douglas Adams. How fun would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can only think of one--P.G. Wodehouse's England. I've dreamed for years of dining at the Drones Club and throwing bread at someone.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great topic for worldbuilders, which is the theme of my blog.

    But too many worlds to choose from! I had to put my own world first, which meant leaving out Earthsea, Narnia, Chalion, the Wizarding World, so many others...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!