December 15, 2009

Support Your Local Library Challenge


Hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.

I decided this challenge needed a post all of its own. The list may get pretty long as I bring in all of my library loot!

Here are the rules:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, click here.

2. There are four levels:

--The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.

--Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.

--Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.

--Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.

(Aim high. As long as you read 25 by the end of 2010, you are a winner.)

3. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not purchased at a library sale.

4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

5. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.

6. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.

MY BOOKS/REVIEWS:
(I am going with the Mini Level, but may increase to the Just My Size level, depending on how many books I want to read I can find at my library.)
1. The Art of Tantra by Philip Rawson (February)
2. Chinese Landscape Painting by Sherman Lee (February)
3. Leading the Way by Irene Poon (March)
4. Hush: An Irish Princess' Tale by Donna Jo Napoli (March)
5. Dark Remedy: The Impact of Thalidomide and It's Revival as a Vital Medicine (April)
6. Live Fast, Die Young: My Life with James Dean by John Gilmore (May)
7. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne (May)
8. Persuasion by Jane Austen (May)
9. How Much Joy Can You Stand? by Suzanne Falter-Barnes (July)
10. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (August)
11. Push by Sapphire (July)
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.

2 comments:

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!