December 29, 2009

New Year Read-a-thon!!


Kristen of Bookworming in the 21st Century is hosting a New Year Read-a-thon! So what is it all about? "Promoting reading in the new year - 2010!" How great! I love reading! :)

Details:

Starts: 5 pm on Thursday, December 31st
Ends: 10 pm on Sunday, January 3rd

You can read as little or as much as you want! Also, I'm planning on having a smaller event called Reading Into the New Year - where us bookworms can read as it turns midnight! I will be posting the sign up for that event next. Please partake in either or both!!!

As you're thinking about what books you want to read, consider the following:

-Shorter books are easier to push through and you may want to include a few of those
-You don't have to read a crazy amount of hours - whatever you can fit in!
-This is a no stress readathon, so if you don't meet your goal - no big.
-Think about any new challenges your starting and what books are on those lists.

I'll also be posting a New Years Resolution post towards the end of December, so if you're thinking about posting your Resolutions on your blog you can link them up there!

Sign up here with your post about the Readathon. I'm looking forward to seeing what books you want to read and how many hours you think you can!

Also, one random participant will win a book or two from my pile of books to giveaway. (Yes, we all need extra incentive!)


Sweet, Kristen!

My personal goal will be to read as much as I can between the Start and End time. I hate committing to a certain number of books or pages or hours during read-a-thons because I inevitably start feeling pressured. Therefore, I am just choosing to do as much as I can!

Most of the challenges I am now in start on January 1st, so that will be fun to dig into them immediately! Here are a few of the books I am thinking of choosing for the read-a-thon, but like I said, it could change!

  • The Heretic's Queen by Michelle Moran
  • Maximum Ride Series Book #2: School's Out-Forever by James Patterson
  • Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner
  • Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
  • Away from You by Melanie Finn
  • The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristin Callender
  • Water Signs by Daria DiGiovanni


So those are some smaller and some bigger. I may read all of these or some of these or none of these, but this is a starting block for me.

I am very excited about this Read-a-thon. Why don't you join us?

10 comments:

  1. I was all psyched for this and then the snow storm that canceled Christmas for us meant that I have to celebrate Christmas with the hubby's family on a day I was planning on reading. I wonder if they would mind if I sat in a corner and read?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the readathon.

    I think I may have to take part in this as well. Any excuse to curl up with a blanket and a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- Hey, you need a break sometimes, right? ;) Will you be there the entire weekend? It lasts through the 3rd.

    Bella- Thanks! It will be fun if you do! I do love excuses for reading. Sorry, dishes have to wait. I'm reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will probably try to participate a bit over the weekend but I'm hoping that I don't go overboard like I did last year and lose most of New Year's Day to a hangover!! LOL!!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo excited that you're joining in! I can't wait to get some serious reading done. And to tell the hubby "shuuushhh I'm reading". :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this sounds like fun! Too bad I'll be working yet again. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no New Year's plans and I love the idea of a readathon. Maybe I'll join! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We wish to you and all blogger Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    "Have a fantastic holiday"

    Regard,
    Great Sales Today Manhattan, NY
    'Management Team'

    You can leave message and wish to us here

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely joining in. I probably shouldn't have declared a goal in hours though, like you I'm notwanting any pressure (totally self-imposed of course). I haven't completely decided which books I'll read but I do know that Liar will be on the list as it's what Nicole has next on tap for That's How I Blog on Tuesday. I've also got a bunch of January review books that would be good to get read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!