December 4, 2009

2010 100+ Reading Challenge


J. Kaye of J. Kaye's Book Blog is hosting the 100+ Reading Challenge again in 2010.
J. Kaye says:

1. The goal is to read 100 or more books. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. --Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, click here.

2. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.


3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.


4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.


5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Books started before the 1st do not count.


6. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to your post where your books will be listed. Include the URL to this post so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.


I did this for 2009 and I am very close to 100. Even if I don't make it, it is still more books than I have ever read in one year so I am very proud of myself irregardless! So my goal 2010 is to read at least as many as this year and hopefully get to 100! I will keep track of all books read (reviewed or not) on this post. I will also keep track of my progress in my sidebar throughout the year. I promise to get all of the books that have reviews linked up at some point! :)

JANUARY
1. My Point...and I Do Have One by Ellen DeGeneres (no review)
2. The Wives of Henry Oades by Johanna Moran
3. Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell
4. The Art of Tantra by Philip Rawson
5. A Painter's Life by K.B. Dixon

FEBRUARY
6. Maximum Ride 2: School's Out--Forever by James Patterson
7. Maximum Ride 3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports
8. Chinese Landscape Painting by Sherman Lee
9. A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschowitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal
10. Stepmonster by Wednesday Martin

MARCH
11. Leading the Way by Irene Poon
12. The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
13. Searching for Whitopia by Rich Benjamin
14. Hush: An Irish Princess' Tale by Donna Jo Napoli
15. The Writing on my Forehead by Nafisa Haji

APRIL
16. Serious Doubts: Why People Marry When They Know It Won't Last by Carl Weisman
17. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner
18. Scared by Tom Davis
19. Dark Remedy: The Impact of Thalidomide and Its Revival as a Vital Medicine by Trent Stephens and Rock Brynner
20. Talk to Me Like I'm Someone You Love by Nancy Dreyfuss
21. Is There a Monster Over There? by Sally O. Lee

MAY- Getting my reading mojo back!
22. Live Fast, Die Young: My Life with James Dean by John Gilmore
23. Web of Deceit by Darlene Cox
24. It Happened One Night by Lisa Dale
25. Recovering My Voice: A Memoir of Chaos, Spirituality, and Hope by Aruni Nan Futuronsky
26. The Washingtonienne by Jessica Cutler
27. Blue Bloods (Book #1) by Melissa de la Cruz
28. Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster
29. Letters to Rosy by C. Ellene Bartlett
30. I'll Mature When I'm Dead by Dave Barry
31. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
32. Cecil Learns to Smile by Charlotte Bucher
33. Perusasion by Jane Austen

JUNE
34. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
35. Looking for Alaska by John Green
36. Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran
37. Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz
38. Hinduism: A Very Short Introduction by Kim Knott
39. One Amazing Thing by Chitra
40. In the Sanctuary of Outcasts by Neil White

JULY
41. 3rd Degree by James Patterson
42. Possession by A.S. Byatt
43. Fireworks Over Taccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff
44. How Much Joy Can You Stand? by Suzanne Falter-Barnes
45. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
46. Maximum Ride 4: The Final Warning by James Patterson
47. Push by Sapphire

AUGUST
48. Persepolis I by Marjane Satrapi
49. Persepolis II by Marjane Satrapi
50. She's So Dead to Me by Kieran Scott
51. The Impulse Factor: Why Some of Us Play It Safe and Others Risk It All by Nick Tasler
52. The Woman's Book of Creativity by C. Diane Ealy, Ph.D.
53. The Unexpected Son by Shobhan Bantwal
54. The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams

SEPTEMBER
55. Charlie and Lola: I am going to save a panda! by Lauren Child
56. I Need My Monster by Amanda Noll
57. How Rocket Learned to Read by Tad Hills
58. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER
59. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
60. The Secret Life of Josephine by Carolly Erickson

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to 100+ Reading Challenge. I am so glad you have decided to join us in the fun. 2010 is going to be a great year in reading. I can just feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'll be working towards the 100+ goal right along with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with this challenge, it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!