December 17, 2009

COMPLETED: 2009 Colorful Reading Challenge


Yay! Woohoo! I did it! I finished my own challenge! I didn't think I would! I am so happy! I am using lots of exclamation points!

I finished the Colorful Reading Challenge and I am just, well, excited!

Here is what I read:

1. SILVER: The Scalpel and the Silver Bear: The First Navajo Woman Surgeon Combines Western Medicine and Traditional Healing by Lori Arviso (4 Stars)

2. BLUE: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (3.5 Stars)

3. GREEN: True Green Home: 10 Inspirational Ideas for Creating a Green Environment at Home by Kim McKay and Jenny Bonnin (4 Stars)

4. PURPLE: The Color Purple by Alice Walker (4.5 Stars)

5. ORANGE: A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess (4 Stars)

6. BLACK: Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster (4.5 Stars)

7. RED: Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls (4.5 Stars)

8. WHITE: White Fang by Jack London (4.5 Stars)

9. GOLD: Thousand Pieces of Gold by Ruthanne Lum McCunn (4.5 Stars)
(and there is a giveaway for this one until December 22nd!)


I like the way Kerri from Book Ends broke her challenge reads down and I do like to emulate the fabulous when they are being truly fabulous.

I read 7 fiction books and 2 nonfiction books.

I read 2 Young Adult books and 4 literary novels.

I read 3 Banned Books.

I read 2 memoirs and 1 biographical novel.

I had 2 re-reads, which were, coincidentally, the two YA books.

I gave all the books 3.5 stars or higher rating. This challenge introduced me to some fantastic books.

I can't wait for the 2010 Colorful Reading Challenge! Have you joined yet?


9 comments:

  1. congratulations on finishing your challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on finishing your own challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! You read some great books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything better than being called Fabulous on a Friday? You were talking about me as well as my post I assume. LOL. Congrats on finishing the challenge and just let me know when you'd like my guest post! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!

    I'm signed up for the 2010 Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Show off!! Finishing your own challenge. Humph. ; )

    Congrats ... well done. And I'm glad you found so many good books through it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I signed up for this one next year. I'll have to make a note of a few of these titles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!