November 19, 2009

Bookish Discoveries 11-19-09


1. Penguin Group authors, including Elizabeth Gilbert, John Green, Patricia Cornwell, Nick Hornby and Sarah Dessen, were asked which books they were giving and which they were hoping to receive this holiday season. Their answers are here.

2. The National Book Award Winners via Publisher's Weekly: "Novelist Colum McCann won the 2009 National Book Award for Fiction for his novel Let the Great World Spin (Random House); Gore Vidal (awarded the medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters) was rambling, witty and profound as he recounted his life while seated in a wheelchair at the podium; and master of ceremonies, humorist Andy Borowitz, sent everyone home at 10:45 p.m. with a crack about Sarah Palin’s new memoir, Going Rogue, being an early candidate for the 2010 NBA fiction prize..."

3. Have you visited Levenger yet? Levenger has all kinds of great products for readers and writers, from tote bags to furniture & lighting to awesome pens.

4. Be sure to check out Alex Meraz's New Moon Photo Diary, along with the New Moon Premiere Red Carpet Photos. And don't forget to take People's quiz: Are You a Twilight Know-it-All? I have now seen the Twilight movie as my friend has made me a convert. Oh, brother. Now I can't wait for New Moon.

8 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Now you're going to have to read the books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! No fair! lol She said the book was far better than the movie and gives more background information. Aw, man. I'm a Twilight fan now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great website. Levenger. I'm passing that one around. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love lists, so thanks for two great links -- the Christmas gift idea list (I also love Christmas) and the National winner. I am going to update my National Book Award list> right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making my son go see New Moon with me!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been getting the Levenger catalog for years- never bought anything, because I didn't have any money...just drooled all over the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dark and Stormy Board Game looks good at Levenger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not allowed to visit Levenger's. I spend way too much money when look through their catalog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!