November 15, 2009

Bookish Discoveries 11-15-09


1. "Vladimir Nabokov. James Joyce. F. Scott Fitzgerald. These are names of the literary giants of the 20th century. But they didn’t get there on their own." Read about the wives- the ones who made it possible for these greats to write their masterpieces.

2. Christmas E-Reader Special: Sony releases a romance-and-crime themed e-reader just in time for the holiday rush. Isn't it pretty?
3. After two delays, Google settlement reached. "The settlement agreement limits the books covered to only those registered in the U.S. Copyright Office or published in the U.K., Australia or Canada. Modifications were made regarding unclaimed works and to access models. The parties hope to have a Final Fairness Hearing on the deal in early 2010."


4. Well-Dressed Reader is a site that sells jewelry and accessories especially for people who love books! Check them out.


5. "The New York City - Southern New York Chapter of the National MS Society has announced the finalists for the 14th Annual Books for a Better Life Awards. The winners will be announced Monday, February 22, 2010." One of the books chosen, Stepmonster by Wednesday Martin, is a book I have started and am really hoping will win in its category of Childcare/Parenting. Other categories include First Book, Green, Inspirational Memoir, Motivational, Personal Finance, Psychology, Relationships, Spiritual, and Wellness. I want to read almost all of the books selected. Amazing looking books!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Rebecca. I just wanted you to know that you and your family have been in my thoughts.

    You always post the coolest links! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to check out The Well-Dressed Reader for the Book Blogger Holiday Swap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the Christmas Sony eReader is pretty. Me thinks I need more than one eReader. Like one in every color ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first link reminded me of the book How I Became Hettie Jones, about the wife of Amiri Baraka, the poet. It was interesting reading his life from her perspective.

    Great link.

    Did you see I gave you an award? Superior Scribbler Award. I think your blog is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diddo what Heidenkind said. Lol. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Well-Dressed Reader is a great site. I just received my order from them and I am very happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!