November 19, 2009

20 Questions: Tracie of Yule Time Reading

Welcome back to 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better. I apologize for not posting these for the past month. I have just not been myself, as I said before. But I would like to get back to this feature. The one thing I will change is I am only going to post a 20 Questions once a week, instead of twice. So look for it on Thursdays.

Today I would like to present to you Tracie of Yule Time Reading! Thanks, Tracie!

20 QUESTIONS

1. Last book you bought: Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris. I'm participating in Beth Fish Reads Sookie Stackhouse Challenge.
2. Last book you got in the mail: Fearless by Max Lucado
3. The first book you read over and over: Gone with the Wind. I read it in 8th grade and it was the first book that I really fell in love with.
4. Children’s book every child should read: The Monster at the End of this Book. Grover is the monster and the interaction between Grover and the kids is great. It really puts the kids in the book.
5. Favorite place to read: Outside in the sun or my bed in the morning.
6. A book you bought just for the cover: A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I loved the picture of the young girl on the cover.
7. Scariest book ever read: The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. The book mostly just creeped me out.
8. Most romantic book ever read: Gone with the Wind, of course.
9. Book that changed your life in some way: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. The book really made me think about Afghanistan and the war in a way I had never thought of before.
10. Book you’ve re-read the most times: I don't reread many books, but I love to reread poetry. She Dwelt Among the Untrodden Ways by William Wordsworth is my favorite.
11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for: Paradise Lost by John Milton. I completely didn't get it and I tried to read it to quickly.
12. Book you needed the dictionary for: I don't think I ever have. Usually I can figure out the meaning through the context of the book.
13. Book you like that no one else seems to:
14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love: The 19th Wife. I did not really like that book at all.
15. Number of books you own (you can guess): A couple hundred. I only keep the book that I love.
16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet): Maybe 25. I try not to keep a big list because then I get overwhelmed and then I don't read at all because it feels like a chore.
17. Must-have reading accessories: A blanket and/or pillow.
18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to: Stratford-on-Avon. I would love to see where Shakespeare was born.
19. Top Three Favorite Authors: Jodi Picoult, Audrey Niffenegger, and Khaled Hosseini
20. Three Bloggers You Want to See Featured in the Future: Well Read Reviews (http://www.wellreadreviews.com/blog/), Laura's Reviews (http://lauragerold.blogspot.com/), and Escape in a Book (http://escapeinabook.blogspot.com/)


Thank you for participating, Tracie! I enjoyed getting to know you better! I have not read She Dwelt Among the Untrodden Ways. You have made me want to look into it! I like poetry but find myself passing it over a lot. I need to slow down and take more time for it.

Check the schedule below to see who is appearing next on 20 Questions!

Kathy of Bermudaonion's Weblog
Sara of Sara Dobie's Blog
Jenners of Find Your Next Book Here

Do you want to be featured on 20 Questions? Send me an e-mail (which you can find on my Blogger profile!) with your answers to the questions! Please include questions and answers together, which makes it easier for me to post, plus a photo if you want me to put a different one than your blog's profile picture. I will then e-mail you and let you know when you will be featured! Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, a trip to Stratford-on-Avon would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also love to visit Stratford-on-Avon. I loved GWTW!! Fantastic book!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, a poetry reader! I love Wordsworth too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are cliff notes available for some works here http://cliffnotebooks.com and you can request cliff notes on specific works/books. If there are enough requests the cliff notes usually go up in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun!! Stratford-on-Avon is a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monster at the End of the Book is truly a classic!! We love it in our household too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love "The Monster At the End of This Book." It thrilled me as a child and it thrills my son!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!