November 26, 2009

20 Questions: Kathy of Bermudaonion's Weblog

Welcome back to 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better. Today I would like to present to you Kathy of Bermudaonion's Weblog! Thanks, Kathy!


20 QUESTIONS

1. Last book you bought: I bought The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks when I got to interview him. Squee!

2. Last book you got in the mail: Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin came from Random House this week.

3.The first book you read over and over: I'm sure I must have read a book over and over as a child, but I can't remember. The first one that I do remember is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.

4. Children’s book every child should read: Charlotte's Web by E. B. White

5. Favorite place to read: On the front porch when the weather's nice. In front of a fire when it's cold out.

6. A book you bought just for the cover: I've racked my brain, and I can't think of one.

7. Scariest book ever read: I don't read a lot of scary books, but I did read The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule and it scared the daylights out of me!

8. Most romantic book ever read: I don't read a lot of romance either, so I'll say something by Nicholas Sparks.

9. Book that changed your life in some way: Cookbooks, since I could barely boil water when I got married.

10. Book you’ve re-read the most times: Either Little Women by Louisa May Alcott or The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.

11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for: The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams. I read it in high school and had to write a paper. I got a bad grade and my teacher commented that it was obvious that I hadn't read the play. Maybe I should try reading it now to see if I understand it.

12. Book you needed the dictionary for: Any book with lots of foreign word in it.

13. Book you like that no one else seems to: I can't think of a specific title, but it was probably a memoir.

14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love: Wicked by Gregory Maguire. Everyone's been raving about the play, too, but it hasn't interested me since I didn't like the book.

15. Number of books you own (you can guess): Several hundred, I'm embarrassed to admit!

16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet): Around fifty.

17. Must-have reading accessories: My Book Buddy! Reading Comfort sent it to me to review and I just love it. It even travels with me.

18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to: Oh, where to start? London, Madrid, Africa, San Francisco, Alaska, Montreal - you name it!

19. Top Three Favorite Authors: Tough question!! Adriana Trigiani, Barbara Kingsolver and Ferrol Sams. This list might be different if you ask me another day.

20. Three Bloggers You Want to See Featured for 20 Questions in the Future: Booking Mama, Cindy's Love of Books, Stacy's Books.


Thank you for participating, Kathy! I enjoyed getting to know you better! Little Women and The Diary of Anne Frank are both wonderful. I have not read The Glass Menagerie. I have not had much luck with Tennessee Williams. I am still envious you got to meet Nicholas Sparks. ;)

Check the schedule below to see who is appearing next on 20 Questions!

Sara of Sara Dobie's Blog
Jenners of Find Your Next Book Here

Do you want to be featured on 20 Questions? Send me an e-mail (which you can find on my Blogger profile!) with your answers to the questions! Please include questions and answers together, which makes it easier for me to post, plus a photo if you want me to put a different one than your blog's profile picture. I will then e-mail you and let you know when you will be featured! Thanks!

22 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that Kathy says she only owns several hundred books, since she has some of the longest library loot posts around! :--)

    This is such a fun feature, Rebecca. Thanks for running it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Stranger Beside Me is the scariest book I've ever read too. I read it when I was in college and I kind of fit the profile of the victims. Very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had such fun interviewing Berumdaonion for the BBAW, and it was great to learn even more about her here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great interview! I enjoyed knowing more about Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great questions! It's wonderful to see more about the people behind all our favorite blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun interview! very cool that Kathy got to interview Nicolas Sparks!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this feature. Thanks for letting us get to know Kathy a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you must have love books ever since you were a kid! I too have the same interest but I don't own lots of books, some of them I can't afford to buy. Do you have advices for me? Would really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you got an interview with Nicholas Sparks, that is very cool! I loved Little Women too but I haven't read it for ages. I hope I get to re-read it someday. I *loved* Charlotte's Web as a kid, but it didn't stop my complete phobia about spiders, unfortunately :D I bought Wicked last month, haven't got round to reading it yet.. interesting to see a different view on it as I've heard nothing but good things, so I will now go in with an open mind. Thank you so much for being here, it was lovely to get to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you both, Kathy and Rebecca, for the great interview. Like Kathy, my list of favorite authors might change from day to day. I live Barbara Kingsolver, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree that every child should read Charlotte's Web. That's my favorite childrens book ever!! I love to read on the front porch too. I had to quit reading Ann Rule because I was afraid to be alone at night!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to read The Glass Menagerie in high school, too. I don't remember much about it, other than I kept wondering why we weren't reading A Streetcar Named Desire or Cat on a Hot Tin Roof or something. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this post. Kathy was one of my very first followers and has continued to be my most consistent visitor. She has given me so much support since I started blogging and I loved getting to know a few more little tidbits about her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The answer to question number 9 was funny! :))

    Congratulations Kathy! I won't be surprised if you'd turn up getting interviewed or questioned by some other blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great interview. Now I have to go look up Ferrol Sams!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for featuring Kathy! She's the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great interview! It's nice to get to know a little more about Kathy. Her blog is a favorite stop for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed reading Kathy's answers. Charlotte's Web is among my most favorite children's books and one of the first I passed on to my daughter when she first learned to read. I don't like to be scared too much, but now I'm curious about The Stranger Beside Me.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Tennessee Williams, and want to remind everyone that plays are meant to be seen more than read. The old Elia Kazan movie of A Streetcar Named Desire (with Vivien Leigh and young Marlon Brando) is a great place to start.

    Kathy, your teacher's comment will make me more careful about assuming someone blew off the reading assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really enjoy reading this meme. And gosh I loved "Little Women" too. I just find it hard to believe Kathy only has a few hundred books ... it seems like she gets at least that many in the mail every week!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great answers, Kathy! I really enjoyed The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams as a high school student and in college.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great interview! Love love love Little Women! I think that book changed my life! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!