October 25, 2009

Read-a-thon Wrap-Up


I didn't give any updates, but I did get some reading done! I think I got more reading done because I did not get back on the computer. I had a feeling that if I started visiting other blogs I would lose track of time and take forever to get back to reading. I think it paid off!

How Many Hours? 12.3
How Many Books Read? 4
How Many Short Stories? 2
How Many Pages? 1174
How I Feel Now? Tired

Books Read:
Along Came a Spider by James Patterson
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

Short Stories Read:
2 stories from Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro

Thanks to everyone who came and left me comments and encouragement. I especially loved the cute poems and songs and cheers! Reviews to come. Plus the rest of the reviews from the books on my trip. I am terribly behind on reviews.

PLUS, pictures and details from my trip in India coming! I had a flare-up after I came home and have just not felt like blogging much and I have been waiting on photos as well. But I should have something in the next week. Thanks for being patient! You guys rock. :)

13 comments:

  1. Great job!!! Sounds like you had a good time with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you just broke up with your boyfriend. :(
    But Congratulations, you did great! You had the right idea - I got very distracted with all the stuff going on, and spent far too much time on the computer instead of reading. It was still a lot of fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Rebecca! 12 hours, 4 books, and 2 stories is darn impressive, especially since your choices in reading material is so eclectic. I am sorry you've had difficulties (health problems?) since your return from India.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on completing the read-a-thon. You did really well. Can't wait to see your pictures from your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if I am ever able to participate I will forgo the mini challenges and updates too. It's too easy to get sucked into the internet and lose time, isn't it?

    You did very well, Rebecca! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Rebecca! Personally, I like all the community interaction - that's more important than the reading to me - but I can totally understand the idea of just taking the time off to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely had a good -thon! I told myself no more than a half hour of computer time no more than once every two hours but I didn't even get on that often because I was getting interrupted so often as it was. I kind of wished I would have done some mini-challenges but I just didn't want to take that much time off from reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did pretty good! I hardly spent any time online, either, but that was because I was at work. And I couldn't read while I was there much, anyway. Ohhh well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! There is definitely something to be said for not getting on the computer. I ONLY checked blogs of people I knew were readers who left comments on my blog during the event - and probably not even all of them. I saved the rest of my blog reading for yesterday and today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Good for you for reading so many books in 12 hours and a great variety. I tried to be active socially in the early hours but then quickly realized it wasn't going to be possible. I took a couple hour long breaks to cheerlead a bit and eat lunch/dinner but the rest was primarily reading.

    Congratulations on a successful read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. I'm sure the stress of the trip had something to do with it.

    And you really rocked the reading! I'm totally impressed. It was probably a good idea to stay away from blogging during it -- it was easy to get sucked in!

    I'm so behind on reviews and blogging that I'm just now getting to your update post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your accomplishments! I didn't do any updates either because I wanted to spend more time reading...and I didn't even finish a book. But I had a good time and I hope you did, too. :)

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!