October 1, 2009

Debbie of Debbie's World of Books Answers 20 Questions

Welcome back to 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better. Today I would like to present to you Debbie of Debbie's World of Books! Thanks, Debbie!

20 QUESTIONS



1. Last book you bought: I have to admit I went a little spend crazy so I went on a spree and bought Hate List, After, Jumping off Swings, Darkest Whisper and Blood Promise. I also pre-ordered Secret Society and Candor. Amazon Prime trial is a dangerous thing.


2. Last book you got in the mail: Blood Promise, Hate List, After and Jumping off Swings.


3. The first book you read over and over: The first? I read The Black Stallion a lot. I'm sure there were others but that is the main one that comes to mind. I did reread a lot of the Sweet Valley Twins books too.


4. Children’s book every child should read: A Wrinkle in Time

5. Favorite place to read: On my sofa

6. A book you bought just for the cover: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

7. Scariest book ever read: I usually avoid horror books but recently I read Bad Girls Don't Die and it freaked me out since I can't stand dolls.

8. Most romantic book ever read: I love Pride and Prejudice. My all time favorite book.

9. Book that changed your life in some way: Pride and Prejudice. I loved it and in a wonderful coincidence one of the questions for my AP English exam in high school was about Pride and Prejudice. Don't think I would have scored as well if it was any other book. I'm not usually a big classics fan.


10. Book you’ve re-read the most times: it's hard to say but either Pride & Prejudice, By the Sword by Mercedes Lackey or Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey. I've had to get new copies of each because I've read them so many times they were falling apart.


11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for: The Sound and the Fury


12. Book you needed the dictionary for: can't think of one. I guess I'm lazy. If I require a dictionary I give up on it.


13. Book you like that no one else seems to: By the Sword by Mercedes Lackey. Maybe it's just because it's so old or I don't follow many fantasy blogs but I don't see much about Mercedes Lackey or this book.


14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love: The Kite Runner


15. Number of books you own (you can guess): I have limited space and sell/trade a lot so probably only about 150-200


16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet): I only started adding lists to a TBR list and am up to about 150. There are many more though that I still need to add.


17. Must-have reading accessories: something to drink and I'm good to go


18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to: Parthenon


19. Top Three Favorite Authors: Julia Quinn, Mercedes Lackey, Julie Garwood


20. Three Book Bloggers You Want to See Featured in the Future: I would love to see Michelle from GalleySmith because she just rocks and always has something nice to say and has a wonderful blog, Amy from My Friend Amy because she always seems to be on top of the latest news in the book blogging world, Alea from Pop Culture Junkie just because I love her blog.

Thank you for participating, Debbie! I enjoyed getting to know you better! You're in luck because Alea is answering 20 Questions next week!


Check the schedule below to see who is appearing next on 20 Questions!

Tuesday, Oct. 6: Shannan of Shannan Loves Books and Movies
Thursday, Oct. 8: Alea of Pop Culture Junkie
Tuesday, Oct. 13: Amy of Passages to the Past
Thursday, Oct. 15: Tracy of Yule Time Reading

Do you want to be featured on 20 Questions? Send me an e-mail (which you can find on my Blogger profile!) with your answers to the questions! Please include questions and answers together, which makes it easier for me to post, plus a photo if you want me to put a different one than your blog's profile picture. I will then e-mail you and let you know when you will be featured! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Great interview! I love A Wrinkle in Time and Pride and Prejudice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought City of Bones just for the cover, too. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pride and Prejudice and I didn't really care for The Kite Runner either - though everyone seems to. So, I'm glad I'm not alone on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your answers, Debbie. Fun interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun interview Debbie!! I'm a total Austen junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie and I are kindred spirits in our reading tastes and purchases, haha. Not to mention that she is always so sweet to me! I'm so glad to have seen what her favorite books are (and I'll be avoiding the Kite Runner based on her recommendation). Thank you for giving her the opportunity to share with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!