October 11, 2009

Awards Make My Day! Now Let Me Make Yours :)

It's time to catch up on my awards!

Thanks to Ana of Aneca's World and Laughing Stars of Stark Raving Bibliophile for giving me the Honest Scrap Award!
This is the Honest Scrap award. It is for those bloggers who write from the heart. The rules are to pass it along to seven bloggers and then list 10 honest things about myself. Here are seven bloggers who write from their heart and who give their all in every post they write:
1. Marie of Boston Bibliophile
2. Mel u of The Reading Life
3. Nymeth of things mean a lot
4. Amy of My Friend Amy
5. mjmbecky of One Literature Nut
6. Lit Feline of Musings of a Bookish Kitty
7. Trish of Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'?

Honorable Mention: Ana and Laughing Stars! Right back at ya both!

Here are the 10 honest things about myself:
1. I have fibromyalgia. It sucks, yes, yes it does, but it could be worse. It could be degenerative or fatal. Unfortunately it is a huge part of who I am now (diagnosed in 2005) but this is the outlook I choose to have about it.
2.
I can remember words to a song I haven't heard in years sometimes but I can't remember what I did yesterday. Very annoying. Maybe if I sing myself a recap of the day's events before I go to bed each night...

3. I am a middle child, two sisters. I am absolutely against anyone having an odd number of children. If you already do, may special attention to lavish the middle child equally on his/her milestones and achievements. The oldest does everything first. The youngest is the last time it will ever happen. The middle one is like, what else is new? Every middle child I have ever met confirms this.
4. My favorite flower is a daisy because they are simple and sweet. Following that are tulips, calla lilies, and sunflowers. Beautiful!

5. My trip to India and London was not only my first visit out of the country, but also my first time on an airplane.
6. My dream destination is Florence, Italy. If it is like I think it will be, I could live there.

7. My cat, Kali, is 12 years old. I got her when I was 17, so I have had her my entire adult life. She's been through a lot with me. She is the most amazing cuddler (especially for a cat). I have no idea what I would do without her.
8. I detest self-righteous people. I enjoy putting them in their place and have been known to do so. :)

9. I have been engaged twice but I did not marry either guy. And the third guy I loved turned out not to be a winner either. But I am thinking fourth time's a charm. My bf now is the first one I feel truly loves me for me- the good, the bad, and even the ugly.
10.
I do not like to cook. In fact, it's bordering on hate. It doesn't help that I have burnt myself more times than I care to remember, including a second-degree burn on my oven last year that has yet to disappear.


Be sure to visit Ana's site and see the other bloggers who she honored with this award.

Thank you to Tif from Tif Talks Books and Jules from Jules' Book Reviews who gave me
the Let's Be Friends Award
"Pass on this award to eight other friendly blogging type people, who comment, host challenges, and follow my blog. Congratulations, and display your award with pride! Please pass on the award to eight other bloggers and share the bloggy love!"

I like Tif's idea of giving the award to some new blogs that I have recently discovered. So here are eight friendly bloggers I have come across recently:
1. Robin of My Two Blessings
2. Lahni of Nose in a Book
3. Ana of Aneca's World
4. Sassy Brit of Alternative-Read.com
5. Linda Ellen of Bambi Reads
6. Kristen of Bookworming in the 21st Century
7. Sherrie of Just Books
8. Allie of Hist-Fic Chick

Thanks to Jessica of A Book Lover's Diary who gave me
the Who Loves You Baby Award!
This award is designed with one purpose in mind. Pass this on to other bloggers who have awarded you in the past.

So thank you to...
1. Julie of My Own Little Corner of the World
2. Lisa of Lit and Life
3. Jules of Jules' Book Reviews
4. Deb of Bookmagic
5. Caspette of The Narrative Causality

This is far too many to go and comment on everyone's blog about their awards. So please if you see your name here, pick it up and take your award and pass on the love.

16 comments:

  1. Haha, I felt the same way this morning when I posted about my awards! I just didn't have time to go out and pass them on. :D

    As for your honest things:

    First, I do have three boys. And don't plan on having more kids. We do end up paying a lot of attention to the middle child, though, because he has some problems like sensory integration disorder and some sort of mood disorder. So hopefully he won't end up feeling like that. Second, my memory works the same way as your #2 entry. Third, I feel the same way about cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda: You are such a kindred spirit. :) And as long as milestones are all celebrated as equally as possible across all children, that's all I care about. :) I am sorry to hear your middle one has sensory integration problems and a mood disorder. I know that can be time consuming. Do you have to brush his skin? I had to do that to a student one time who had sensory integration issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K., so congrats on the awards and all, but...

    WHERE ARE THE PICTURES????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rebecca ... I so sympathize with the burning! Probably about a quarter of the time that I bake, I will burn the back of my hand when pulling something out of the oven. I have really bad aim or balance or something! My other burns are all just random stupidity -- touching hot sugar, using a wet potholder, having my hand right in the steam when I drain something. Argh! ;)

    And daisies are my second favorite flowers after plumeria because they remind me of my childhood (and they smell wonderful!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Rebecca! Congratulations on all these great awards. You definitely deserve them.

    I enjoyed reading your list of 10 honest things about yourself. My short term memory isn't what it used to be, that's for sure. I'd love to visit Italy someday. I'm so with you about cooking! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the awards! But, yeah, where are the pictures? :)

    I've been to Florence twice. It's a wonderful place--but, I don't think I'd want to live there. Not that I'd turn down an opportunity, mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all your awards! And thank you so much for thinking of me for the Honest Scrap award- it's very sweet of you. I love your 10 honest things :-) Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all your awards, Rebecca! They're all well-deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Home!! I don't like to cook either!! Sorry you have to deal with Fibromyalgia...not fun!! And congrats on those great awards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the awards! I'm the middle of three girls, with older and younger sisters who both had a lot of health issues, and I never felt overlooked at all. Maybe because my big sister and I were very close in age, and my little sister was several years down from us?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the awards :)

    I particularly loved points 1 and 3, one because of the very positive outlook you have (and I can imagine it's not always easy on you to hang onto it) and three because I have never thought about it that way, it's a whole new perspective for me (I was a single child so everything I did was the first, last, and only time it happened). 2 and 10 seem to have been written about me (although I very rarely burn myself since I usually stay away from the oven/kitchen).

    Congratulations also on 7 and 9: a great pet and a great significant other cannot but be useful in one's life :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love learning more about you. I didn't know this was your first plane trip ... to India! YIKES! Way to do it big!!!

    And my brother is a middle child and he would agree with you 100%. I was the oldest and viewed myself as "the guinea pig."

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a middle child but I was saved all the middle child neglect because I'm the only girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Rebecca on the awards. And thank you so much for the Let's be Friend Award. You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry to hear you have fibromyalgia.

    My memory is a bit like yours too (as is my partner's, so between the two of us we're pretty hopeless). He's better at remembering lyrics than I am, but that's mostly because half the time I'm not paying attention to the lyrics. (But the ones I do know, I remember, much better than whether I've already brushed my teeth or not.)

    I'm also one of three sisters, although I'm the oldest. I suspect my middle sister feels the same way you do! (OK, I know she does!)

    I'm impressed that you went to India on your first-ever flight!

    Oh and I have a super cuddly cat too (Cairo, the one pictures in my user pic) and she's 14.

    Thanks for sharing honest things about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, I didn't realize I was writing so much...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!