October 13, 2009

Amy of Passages to the Past Answers 20 Questions

Welcome back to 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better. Today I would like to present to you Amy of Passages to the Past! Go visit if you haven't yet! Amy's blog is one of my favorites. Thanks, Amy!





20 QUESTIONS

1. Last book you bought: Lucia: A Venetian Life in The Age of Napoleon by Andrea Di Robilant. It was a total impulse buy (I usually do research before I go to the bookstore), but it’s a really great non-fiction book and I’m enjoying it.

2. Last book you got in the mail: Cleopatra’s Daughter by Michelle Moran (I was so excited I almost kissed the UPS woman)!

3.The first book you read over and over: The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. This is actually the ONLY book I’ve ever re-read.

4. Children’s book every child should read: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (although I may be a bit biased on this one, being that I was named after the youngest daughter).

5. Favorite place to read: My bed. Though when I was little it was the bathroom – if it was too quiet my mom knew that I must be on the toilet, with my little legs swinging away with a book in hand!

6. A book you bought just for the cover: Twilight of Avalon by Anna Elliott. I had heard that it was a great read, but the cover is what really suckered me in!

7. Scariest book ever read: It by Stephen King – I had to sleep with my mom for about a week!

8. Most romantic book ever read: I wouldn’t say this is a romance, but it contains one of the love stories that will always stick with me. Joanna and Llewelyn from Sharon Kay Penman’s novel, Here Be Dragons.

9. Book that changed your life in some way: The Other Boleyn Girl from Philippa Gregory. This is the novel that introduced me to Historical Fiction and I haven’t looked back since!

10. Book you’ve re-read the most times: The Witching Hour by Anne Rice

11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for: I have no patience for a book that I’m having trouble understanding and it will quickly get tossed back on the shelf. Like love, reading shouldn’t be complicated =)

12.Book you needed the dictionary for: Not dictionaries, but I often reference historical terms.

13. Book you like that no one else seems to: I’ll go with The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet here because you either LOVE or HATE it. I am the former one, but I know a few people who think I’m crazy for liking it (cough…Misfit…cough).

14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love: Katherine by Anya Seton. I realize it’s like historical fiction blasphemy NOT to like this book, but I don’t. I could’ve cared less about what happened to the characters and that’s never a good sign.

15. Number of books you own (you can guess): 350

16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet): oh geesh…there are so many I wouldn’t even know how many to guess. Probably a good 100.

17. Must-have reading accessories: BOOKMARKS! I love bookmarks! My favorites are the magnetic ones that clip on top of the pages.

18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to: The little island of Guernsey from the novel, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I remember thinking that it was the most charming place I had ever read about…with equally charming people!

19. Top Three Favorite Authors: Sharon Kay Penman, Jean Plaidy & Elizabeth Chadwick

20. Three Book Bloggers You Want to See Featured for 20 Questions in the Future: Michelle from A Reader’s Respite, Lucy from Enchanted by Josephine and Lizzy J from Historically Obsessed.


Thank you for participating, Amy! I enjoyed getting to know you better! I heart the magnetic bookmarks too! I love that you were named after a literary character! I met the 3 bloggers you want to see featured through your blog. You were my first historical fiction book blog!

Check the schedule below to see who is appearing next on 20 Questions!

Thursday, Oct. 15: Tracy of Yule Time Reading
Tuesday, Oct. 20: Kathy of Bermudaonion's Weblog
Thursday, Oct. 22: Sara of Sara Dobie's Blog

Do you want to be featured on 20 Questions? Send me an e-mail (which you can find on my Blogger profile!) with your answers to the questions! Please include questions and answers together, which makes it easier for me to post, plus a photo if you want me to put a different one than your blog's profile picture. I will then e-mail you and let you know when you will be featured! Thanks!

13 comments:

  1. I would love to visit Guernsey too!! Historical fiction is a great genre and one that I'm glad you have been introduced to! Great anwers...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember enjoying The Other Boleyn Girl and I think that it may have been the series to get me back into historical fiction as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great question and answer session!

    Like Amy, "The Other Boleyn Girl" got me interested in historical fiction as well. I think Philippa Gregory opened up a whole new world for a lot of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot that there's people out there that didn't like Pillars of the Earth. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Little Women and agree that it's a great book for girls to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this intervieew! But then again- I just adore Amy- and- her Fantabulous Blog! Who wouln't want to interview her- Everybody wants to know Amy's opinion on books- that's for sure! The books you mention are great- and I have to agree about feeling the same way about these; the Other Boleyn Girl, Lucia...same favourite authors too- Jean Plaidy especially. Hey thanks for mentioning me - that's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such fun! Great questions and answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would also love to visit Guernsey now. And Lucia sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, fun to read. And I agree 100% about Little Women and It.

    And Rebecca, I promise I will do this very very soon and get it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading this each week.

    I liked The Other Boleyn Girl, but my friend who is a historian despises it. I don't have the courage yet to get her to elaborate on why.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, let's go to Guernsey together, should we? I'll bet we could get a whole group to go with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't started The Other Boleyn Girl yet, so I am excited about it. I love reading about Tudor times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I know why Amy and I get along so well. Great Q&A!
    I haven't read the Guernsey book , but I 'll drop by for a spot of tea anyway, if you don't mind. Plus Stacey is going be there ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!