September 2, 2009

The Wednesday Short Report


IN THE LAST WEEK (Since 8/26):

BOOKS FINISHED READING: 2
A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
True Green Home: 100 Inspirational Ideas for Creating a Green Environment at Home by Kim McKay and Jenny Bonnin (144 pages)

BOOKS CURRENTLY READING: 6
(I am constantly asked how I can read so many books at the same time. I will tell you how- look at what book #6 is. I can't concentrate on one or two stories at a time, no matter how interesting the stories are.)
The Seemingly Constant Players
~The Tale of Genji by Lady Murasaki (pg. 588 of 1216)
~The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (audiobook- on disc 10 of 13 - apparently I can only get through 1 disc a week)
The Rest of the Lineup
~A Disobedient Girl by Ru Freeman (pg. 357 of 374)
~The Birth of Venus by Sarah Durant (pg. 31 of 403)
~A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal (pg. 28 of 225)
~Driven to Distraction: Recognizing & Coping with ADD from Childhood Through Adulthood (pg. 99 of 285)

PAGES READ: 499 (Not counting audiobook)

REVIEWS WRITTEN: 2
The Lie by Fredrica Wagman
A Passage to India by E.M. Forster

REVIEWS NEEDING TO BE WRITTEN: 3
Tale of Genji Read-a-long Update
10 Simple Solutions to Chronic Pain by Tearman
True Green Home: 100 Inspirational Ideas for Creating a Green Environment at Home by Kim McKay and Jenny Bonnin

POSTS POSTED: 14

POSTS WITH MOST COMMENTS:
#1 TSS: Book Blog Post Turn Ons/Turn Offs- 34 comments
#2 Mailbox Monday- August Acquisitions- 19 comments
#3 Review: A Passage to India by E.M. Forster- 15 comments
(A book review made the list! Wow!)


BEST COMMENTERS FOR THE WEEK:
#1 heidenkind & rhapsodyinbooks- 13 comments each
#2 Staci- 9 comments
#3 Serena & Bermudaonion- 6 comments each
#4 Lit and Life- 5 comments
#5 Vivienne & Nymeth- 4 comments each


NEW COMMENTERS THIS WEEK:
Rachel
Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy)
Shellie (Layers of Thought)
Steph Su
Ann Kingman
Maria Grazia
jlesnick
arzkiya
Lezlie
JusticeJenniferReads

Thank You So Much!!

CHALLENGES UPDATE:
Includes only those books I have both read AND reviewed.
This week I have put a red asterisk next to those challenges which I am at least halfway to completing, all but one of which ends by the end of 2009.

3 comments:

  1. Very humorous about book #6 but really you do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so off topic, but the little picture at the beginning of your post- I love the spines of those books. They look so oldfashioned. Are they? (Old that is)

    and...you have a lot of book challenges. You make me feel lazy (well, it doesn't take much, I AM lazy...very very lazy.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading this post to see all of the wonderful madness that makes you tick!!! Keep plugging away at The Tale of Genji...you'll finish it one of these days!! I have faith in you and so does my son!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!