September 18, 2009

My Summer Reading List- How Did I Do?

You may or may not remember that I had made a summer reading list for myself back in May to help me narrow my focus to books I really needed to/wanted to get read soon. So how did I do?

First I have the list of books on the list I did finish- 19 out of 30. Woohoo! It's not completely embarrassing!

Then I have listed the books that were on the list that I am currently reading or DNF- they number 3.

Last I have the books I did not get to at all- the remaining 8.



My Summer Reading List
- Books Completed!

1. Simple Taoism by C. Alexander Simpkins and Annellen Simpkins
2. The Lie by Fredrica Wagman
3. The Attraction Distraction by Sonia M. Miller
4. A Disobedient Girl by Ru Freeman (ARC, Blog Tour)- Finished but review will not post until blog tour date Sept. 29)
5. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
6. A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
7. A Worthy Legacy by Tomi Akinyanmi
8. The Lives of the Muses: Nine Women and the Artists They Inspired by Francine Prose
9. The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride Series, Book 1) by James Patterson
10. Fibromyalgia Relief Book by Miryam Ehrlich Williamson
11. Fibromyalgia for Dummies
12. Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD by Terry Matlen
13. Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch
14. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
15. Cafe Tempest: Adventures on a Small Greek Island by Barbara Bonfigli
16. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
17. Fire of Love by James McCaffrey
18. The Funny Thing Is...by Ellen DeGeneres
19. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster

Summer Reading List- Books Still Reading!

1. A Lucky Child: Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal (ARC) (on pg. 89 of 225)
2. The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant (9 in 2009 Challenge) (on pg. 52 of 403)
3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (21 Cultures, New Authors Challenge)- Almost finished but had to return to the library because it was reserved by someone else. I do plan on finishing it ASAP. I need to know the end!

Summer Reading List- Books I Did Not Get To

1. Life is Like a Line: A Memoir of Moods, Medication, and Mania by Cynthia M. Sabotka (ARC)
2. Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau (Classics Challenge, and to complete the Centuries Challenge)
3. Thousand Pieces of Gold by Ruthanne Lum McCunn (Colorful Challenge)
4. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut (Genre Challenge)
5. The Rainmaker by John Grisham (Triple 999, Genre Challenge)
6. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (Genre Challenge, Triple 999)
7. A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway (Classics Challenge)
8. The Color Purple by Alice Walker (Colorful Reading Challenge) (on pg. 30 of 304- did not start until September)

5 comments:

  1. Wow you did well!

    I thought I'd finish my summer reading list but I didn't either :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Nineteen books is pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job!! You are the Queen of Lists!! I love how organized your are!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!