September 13, 2009

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

BOOK #: 71
REASONS READ: Sent to me for review
PUBLISHER: Simon & Schuster
GENRE: Paranormal Young Adult
RATING: 4.5/5 Stars


Honestly, I do not usually read books in the paranormal genre, but this book piqued my interest since it was about fallen angels, spooky feelings of being watched when no one was around, a smart young teenage girl, and romance. I had to know how it played out!

I was hooked from page one and the action never stopped!

This is Becca Fitzpatrick's first novel but it won't be her last. Thoroughly-created characters and a well thought-out plot and subplots make this book one to remember. The writing is intelligent for a young adult novel and not dumbed-down. I really liked that the girl protagonist is an intelligent, thoughtful person who can plan more than two seconds into the future. That is always a good call on the part of the author, in my opinion.

I loved how the story unraveled. It was predictable for the most part, but there were enough small surprises thrown in to make the ride very worthwhile and I was still not a hundred percent sure how it would end until the last page. I also liked that it had smokin' scenes with Patch and Nora. It takes the attraction to the edge without going all the way, which in some ways makes it even hotter.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading young adult novels, paranormal fiction, and/or thriller-type stories with intelligent characters.

I wonder if the book will become a series? What do you think? Would that be a good thing?


Don't just take my word for it!
More Reviews of Hush, Hush:



If you have reviewed this book or another book I have reviewed, please send me an e-mail or leave a comment and I will add your link to my post.

16 comments:

  1. I think this book is going to be very popular, but I'm not sure it's for me. I need to try paranormal, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me look forward to this one! It definitely sounds great and almost everyone seems to like it so far. I wasn't sure it was my type, but I think it will work anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Hush, Hush! Definitely one of my favorites! And, yes, I think it will be a series because the sequel's name is Crescendo.

    shutupimreading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad you enjoyed this book. I believe the author is busy editing the second book.
    I look forward to whatever Becca Fitzpatrick has in store for her readers.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not get the review copy but managed to borrow a friends...I devoured it in less than 24 hours, lol. It's pretty uncertain throughout whether Patch is the good guy or not; totally keeps you guessing.

    I've heard, too, that the author is working on the second, and there already may be a release date on it. Can't wait ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't it great???? I just hate/love that she changed the ending. I liked the ending, so I'm wondering what she changed and if it's better! And now I have an excuse to read it again!

    She is working on a second book, it's called Crescendo. I actually "think" it's going to be a trilogy, like most YA series now. She's also on twitter if you want to follow her, she's really nice. @becfitzgerald

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep seeing this one around everywhere and so far I've avoided it. But if it continues to get good reviews, even from people who don't read the genre (like I don't), I may have to break down and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one of the best covers I've ever seen. I need that as a poster!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I passed up a review copy of this one and now I'm so regretting it. I love paranormal books. I just thought I needed to stop with the ARCs (and I mostly have). Great review! I love the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book is high onto my wishlist!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just what we need, another series. *sigh*

    This book does sound really good. I'm happy you did a review of it. :) I will have to see if the library has it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to take your word for it...I truly want to read this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am absolutely desperate to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review! This book has already had some hype around the blogs and the reviews have been really positive. I'm glad to have your review to convince me a little more that I have to read it! I love the idea of fallen angels, and I can't wait to see how it plays ouut it the book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. paranormal fiction for young adults with intelligent characters? check. if you like subtlety and suggestion vs. over-the-top, check out Let Slip the Dogs of Love (Suburban Legends of the Living and the Dead). google it. it's available online and you won't be sorry you did.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard quite a bit of chatter about this book. Most people really enjoyed it. Guess that means it's going to be added to my list. I love a good YA thriller every now and then - especially one that isn't dumbed down. I like reading characters that have characteristics I would admire in a real person.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!