September 4, 2009

Friday Finds- 14 on the 4th


Book: I Drink For a Reason by David Cross
Found @ Hachette Audio Books

Book: The City and the City by China Mieville
Found @ NPR and @ Ms. Bookish

Book: The Skull Mantra by Eliot Pattison
Found @ NPR

Book: Perseverance: True Stories by Cancer Survivors by Carolyn Rubenstein
Found @ Stephanie's Written Word

How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World by Jordan Christy
Found @ Park Avenue Princess
(I love everything Hepburn :D)

Book: Not Untrue & Not Unkind by Ed O'Loughlin
Found @ Farm Lane Books
Book: Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
Found @ Random House and Shelf Awareness

Book: Secrets of the Tudor Court: Between Two Queens by Kate Emerson
Found @ Tanzanite's Shelf and Stuff

Book: The Secret of the Glass by Donna Russo Morin
Found @ Tanzanite's Shelf and Stuff

Book: The Prophetess by Mary Rourke
Found @ Tanzanite's Shelf and Stuff

Book: Hands of My Father: A Hearing Boy, His Deaf Parents, and the Language of Love by Myron Uhlberg
Found @ she reads and reads
Book: Lucky Everyday by Bapsy Jain
Found @ S. Krishna's Books

Book: Waiting for Mr. Darcy by Chamein Canton
Found @ Austenprose

Book: Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls
Found @ Simon & Schuster (I loved The Glass Castle!)

Book: What Else But Home by Michael Rosen
Found in an e-mail sent to me
Here is a link to Rosen's Website

What did you find this week?

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestions! I can't wait to read, "Half Broke Horses," and "How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World." I also loved Glass Castle and both Hepburns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a selection adn so many that I haven't seen. I shall have to look them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy finding books! You have several in there I have my eye on too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many books, so little time. I have Half Broke Horses waiting for me on my shelf and Alice have i been is on my list too.

    Great list of books.

    My Friday find is Await your Reply by Dan Chaon. it's getting rave reviews across the board.

    Michelle (Red Headed Book Child)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want The City and The City too! Waiting for the library book sale...

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, great finds, Rebecca!! Especially the Hepburn and Darcy books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great suggestions, Rebecca :D

    Have a Wonderful Labor Day Weekend!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohhh, I definitely want to get my hands on Alice I have been. Alice in Wonderland is one of my faves and it would me interesting to read the spin-off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I drink for a reason, too: my sanity. :P

    Who doesn't love Audrey Hepburn?? She was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have got some really good finds! I am adding a couple to my list. Thanks for the suggestions. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too add The Skull Mantra after hearing about it on NPR

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, and here is the link

    http://bibliofreakblog.com/memes/wait-til-shortlists-announced-awards/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've noticed that your Friday Finds posts are seriously harmful to my TBR list!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think David Cross is seriously funny1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!