September 12, 2009

August Monthly-Round Up

Finally here is my monthly-round up. Here is what I've accomplished for the month of August:

Books Read: 9
Short Stories Read: 0
Essays Read: 1
Pages Read: 1864
Posts Published: 58
New Events I Started: 20 Questions, A-Z Wednesday, Diversity Role Call
Challenges Completed: none
Challenges Dropped: none
Challenges Started: Art History Challenge, James Patterson Reading Challenge, Countdown Challenge

Reviews Written:
1. Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD: Beyond Piles, Palms, & Post-Its by Terry Matlen
2. A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
3. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
4. The Sentence is a Lonely Place by Gary Lutz
5. The Lives of the Muses: Nine Women and the Artists They Inspired by Francine Prose
6. The Illustrated Guide to Massage & Aromatherapy
7. The Lie by Fredrica Wagman
8. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
9. True Green Home: 100 Inspirational Ideas for Creating a Green Environment at Home by Kim McKay and Jenny Bonnin



5 Books I Added to the TBR List (out of the many):
1. Wait for Me by An Na
2. Half-Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls
3. Secrets of the Tudor Court: Between Two Queens by Kate Emerson
4. Copper Sun by Sharon Draper
5. The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry

5 of the Books I Received in My Mailbox:
1. Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster
2. Looking for Alaska by John Green
3. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
4. The Belly Dancer by DeAnna Cameron
5. A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks

6 Bookish Discussions That Grabbed My Attention:
1. What Does Your Favorite Book Say About You? over at 5 Minutes for Books
2. Proper Blogging Etiquette over at J. Kaye's Book Blog
3. The Matter of Realism over at things mean a lot (thanks Jill for catching the link mix-up!)
4. BBAW- Daily Blogging Topics and Nominations over at the BBAW Blog
5. What is Literature? over at The Biblio Blogazine
6. Things That I Am Sick Of (in books) over at Heidenkind's Hideaway

Books To Finish Reading Before the End of September:
1. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
2. Hunter: A Novel by Campbell Jeffreys
3. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
4. Saffron Dreams by Sahila Abdullah
5. Recovering My Voice: A Memoir of Chaos, Spirituality, and Hope by Aruni Nan Futuronsky


And Finally, 5 Cool Things To Look For This Month on Lost in Books:
1. September 27th- October 9th- I will be in India and London, hooray!, for my sister's wedding (details to come) and I have procured an absolutely fabulous line-up of guest posts for while I am gone! Stay tuned for more info!
2. September 29th- TLC Book Tours Stops Here for A Disobedient Girl by Ru Freeman!
3. The next installments of my new feature, Scribbles of a Wannabe Writer.
4. My Summer Reading List wrap-up.
5. And, of course, don't forget about Book Bloggers Appreciation Week Sept. 14-18!!

11 comments:

  1. OMG you have a star-belly sneetch! Nice monthly round-up ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. fyi - the link that is supposedly to Heidenkind's Hideaway actually links to Nymeth! (and to another good discussion, but not the one at Heidenkind!) :--)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear what you think of Hush, Hush. Of course, the author changed the ending, so the ending of the ARC isn't the same. Shucks, guess I'll have to buy it!

    Looks like you had a great reading month!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you picked a book yet to take with you on the flight to India-or any other Trip Books-? I have noticed that if I read a book on a trip or visit to new to me place the book will always be associated with the trip in my mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. rhapsodyinbooks~How funny!

    You had a very productive month. I read, like, one book. =/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew, I've been here and catching up on your posts. Your blog is going from strength to strength! I hope you have the best time in India/London.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great month of reading!! I'm going to have to read your review of Norwegian Wood. It's one of those books I've wanted to read for awhile now.

    Have lots of fun in London and India!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've a great reading month!

    Have fun in India and London!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were so busy in August!!! I might have to lift this idea from you every now and again. I would like the idea to be able to go back and see what I read/did during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- you do loads!! You blog is great- congratulations on being responsible for such a fab blog!s

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love the cartoon! Totally want to steal that!

    And how exciting for your trip for your sister's wedding!!! I'm sure you're reading everything you can get your hands on for India! Wowza!

    And you, my dear, have a serious challenge problem!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!