September 10, 2009

4, 3, 2, 1....Countdown Challenge!

3m of 1morechapter.com is hosting the Countdown Challenge again this year and this time I am going to sign up!

What is the Countdown Challenge?

  1. The goal of this challenge is to read the number of books first published in a given year that corresponds to the last digit of each year in the 2000s — 10 books from 2010, 9 books from 2009, 8 books from 2008, etc. The total number of books required, therefore, is 55.
  2. This challenge lasts from 9/9/09 through 10/10/10.
  3. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed and your lists may change at any time.
So that is a total of 55 books that can be overlapped with other challenges. Plus, as long as the book is published in the year you put it for, it can be fiction, nonfiction, biography, mystery, literary fiction, romance, whatever.

If you are interested in signing up for the challenge, click here.

Here is my tentative list (always tentative for me!) for this challenge:

2010
2009
2008
2007
2006
2005
2004
2003
  • Bangkok 8 by John Burdett
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

2002

2001


I am really bad at knowing when books were first published so I will have to look into these closer.

14 comments:

  1. Good luck and have fun with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to get you to read some books that have come out in the past few years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO IMPRESSED by the people who are doing this challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds "challenging" alright! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm signing up for this one too, and I also picked The Jane Austen Book Club for one of my books :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read two on your list, but those two are favorites - The Guernsey Literary Society and The Curious Incident of the Dog.

    More power to you taking on such a heavy duty challenge. Wish I dared tackle it. Maybe next year when it's back to one book! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am seriously considering taking on this challenge! Thanks for posting it =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to have you on the challenge, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like fun! I've been meaning to read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time for ages. I got the audio for free from Audible a while back - and discovered it starts with chapter 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep thinking about doing this one too. I have so many new books that it would help me get them read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will the challenge explode in 2012?

    This one sounds relatively simple to finish. I wonder if I actually could read 55 books during the course of a year....

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds fun. I don't know if I can manage 55 books, though I think I should try. I know I have books from 2000 on up laying around. Do they have to be books I have never read, or can they be re-reads, such as a book I haven't read for 9 or ten years? I probably have books I haven't read at all, also, just not as much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I REALLY liked The Curious Incident. Of course, I have a particular interest in autism/Asperger's, but I think it's something most readers can get into. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great challenge, isn't it? I love your list, many of those I want to read, too. Right now I'm mostly struggling with 2004, I can't find one last book that's been published that year in my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!