September 3, 2009

20 Questions- Featuring Book Chick City

Welcome back to my new feature, 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better. Today I would like to present to you Carolyn of Book Chick City! Thanks, Carolyn!



20 QUESTIONS


1. Last book you bought: I bought all the books in the Cat and Bones series by Jeanine Frost. I really like this kind of genre.
2. Last book you got in the mail: Same as question one, which I bought from Amazon. I get a bit carried away with the 1-Click button...

3.
The first book you read over and over: I think it was Alice in Wonderland. I loved that book - still do.
4. Children’s book every child should read: Not sure what age you are thinking, but Alice in Wonderland is such an adventure, also the Nancy Drew books and anything by Judy Blume. Sorry, did you say one?
5. Favorite place to read: I can read anywhere but my favourite place would have to be in the bath. I can spend an hour or longer in there just topping up the hot water (I know, not very green). It's a place where I don't usually get bothered.
6. A book you bought just for the cover: I have to admit that I do buy quite a few books just based on their cover. I think the last one may have been Nekropolis by Tim Waggoner. I love the genre too (horror), so that did help, but it was the cover I was drawn to first.
7. Scariest book ever read: I read a lot of horror and although I don't get scared as such, some books do give me nightmares. The last book that did this was The Rising by Brian Keene - zombies freak me out!
8. Most romantic book ever read: I have to say Wuthering Heights. I just love this book, it's one of my most favourite books of all time.
9. Book that changed your life in some way: There are so many books that have moved me and had some kind of affect on me, but the two that come to mind are I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou and In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. Both very different books but both incredibly thought-provoking and profound.
10. Book you’ve re-read the most times: It's a tie between Dracula by Bram Stoker, which is another of my most favourite books and Wuthering Heights. Both of which I have probably read about 3-4 times.
11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for: Definitely Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer. It's written in middle English and It's just like reading a foreign language!
12. Book you needed the dictionary for: I don't often need a dictionary but if I don't know a word then I will look it up. Can't really remember the last book I had to do this for though.
13. Book you like that no one else seems to: Sorry, can't think of one...
14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love: Nope, can't think of one for this question either...
15. Number of books you own (you can guess): Around 1200 (and rising)
16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet): Don't know the exact number but I would say approximately 300
17. Must-have reading accessories: Chocolate Buttons or Fruit Gums!
18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to: I would love to visit Haworth in Yorkshire, England. The Bronte's used to live in a parsonage there which you can visit as it's now a small museum. The area looks beautiful too. It's silly that I haven't been yet as I live in England!
19. Top Three Favorite Authors: These questions are always so hard as I have so many favourite authors but if I HAVE to choose then my favourites would be the Bronte sisters, Charlotte, Emily and Anne. I love all their books. For more modern authors I love Laurell K Hamilton, Dean Koontz and Kathy Reichs. But there are just so many more that are at the top of my very long list, I feel I'm being unfaithful...

20. Three Bloggers You Want to See Featured in the Future: Ryan from Wordsmithonia (http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com), Sandy from You gotta Read This (http://sandynawrot.blogspot.com/) and Cheeky Reads (http://cheekyreads.blogspot.com/)

Carolyn has a very cool event coming up on their blog! Check it out:

Click here to visit the event post.


Check the schedule below to see who is appearing next on 20 Questions!

Tuesday, Sept. 8: Bobbie of Book Reviews by Bobbie
Thursday, Sept. 10: Laurel Ann of Austenprose & Jane Austen Today
Tuesday, Sept. 15: Jackie of Farm Lane Books
Thursday, Sept. 17: J.T. of Bibliofreak

Do you want to be featured on 20 Questions? I am looking for participants for Sept. 29th- October 13th when I will be in India! Send me an e-mail (which you can find on my Blogger profile!) with your answers to the questions! Please include questions and answers together, which makes it easier for me to post, plus a photo if you want me to put a different one than your blog's profile picture. I will then e-mail you and let you know when you will be featured! Thanks!

20 comments:

  1. Great answers and I love Wuthering Heights as well.

    Its good to know I'm not the only one that likes to read horror!

    I can't wait to see who comes up next in this feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, all these people coming out of the closet who love Wuthering Heights! :--) (hate it hate it hate it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1200 books! Holy cow! If I'm not careful, I'll be right behind her though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great feature, and 1200 books!!!
    I have some catching up to do. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was great fun, Rebecca.
    You are going to India? How exciting! Are you traveling for vacation? You'll have to take tons of pictures and share your trip with us!
    xox
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carolyn, Really enjoyed getting to know you better and LKH is a favorite of mine too with her Merry Gentry series and Dean Koontz, ah the memories. Have read his Phantoms book to pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting everyone! I know, 1200 books is a lot, and it's still growing..I can't stop myself from buying :D And yes, I Love, Love, Love Wuthering Heights, but then we are all different that's what I love about books, they affect each of us differently, it shows how powerful the *word* is..

    ReplyDelete
  8. A book and chocolate lover? My kinda gal!! :-) Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was so fun to read. I have to say I found Wutherine Heights far too dark to be romantic. Heathcliff is so twisted. He scares me. I'm a Mr Darcy girl through and through. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great questions and fun to read!
    Me too love Wuthering heights, but have to say i adore pride and predj. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it would be fun to see where the Bronte sisters lived. I love visiting historic homes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of all those books! You must have a lot of storage space for them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Almost 1200 books and growing??? Wow! I'm afraid to count mine, but pretty sure I don't have that many. *L* Glad to know that I'm not the only one who loves Dean Koontz! Have every one of his books!

    Really enjoying the 20 questions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great answers. I read Wuthering Heights for the first time almost 2 years ago! I don't know what took me so long

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great questions and answers. I loved the Cat and Bones series; they're really good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becky, I think Wuthering Heights is such a romantic book. Yes, it is dark but love isn't always about the easy road and happy endings. There are so my quotes I could give from the book that would show how romantic it is. I just love it.

    Heidenkind, I would love to visit, what we call in the UK, Bronte country. It looks so beautiful and I just can't think why I haven't been yet!

    Thanks everyone for stopping by and for your lovely comments. I'm going to visit your blogs now :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic interview, Carolyn is awesome. Love her answer for what children's book should every child read.

    Also, with the number of books owned, 1200, I'm super-impressed. She's a girl after my own heart. I love reading about other people's personal libraries LOL.

    Now I have to check out the other blogs she rec'd.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to browse her shelves of 1200 books...heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I am so glad I am not the only one!! I have ALOT of books...around as many as you and my TBR pile keeps growing and growing!! I just got like 6 new books today too..plus ebay..lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love reading in the bath, too. I could spend HOURS in my bath

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!