August 26, 2009

The Wednesday Short Report


IN THE LAST WEEK (Since 8/19):

BOOKS FINISHED READING: 4
The Lives of the Muses: Nine Women and the Artists They Inspired by Francine Prose
The Illustrated Guide to Massage and Aromatherapy (been reading and trying out the techniques for a couple of months now)
The Lie by Fredrica Wagman
10 Simple Solutions to Chronic Pain by Tearman

BOOKS CURRENTLY READING: 6
(I am constantly asked how I can read so many books at the same time. I will tell you how- look at what book #6 is. I can't concentrate on one or two stories at a time, no matter how interesting the stories are.)
The Seemingly Constant Players
~The Tale of Genji by Lady Murasaki (pg. 564 of 1216- I will be reading this for a long time!)
~The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (audiobook- on disc 9 of 13 - apparently I can only get through 1 disc a week?)
The Rest of the Lineup
~A Disobedient Girl by Ru Freeman (pg. 300 of 374)
~A Passage to India (pg. 255 of 416)
~A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal (pg. 3 of 225- I've read the foreword and preface)
~Driven to Distraction: Recognizing & Coping with ADD from Childhood Through Adulthood (pg. 41 of 285- recommended to me by 3 other people with ADD, I'm thinking I should read this!)

PAGES READ: 493 (Not counting audiobooks)

REVIEWS WRITTEN: 3
The Lives of the Muses: Nine Women and the Artists They Inspired by Francine Prose
The Illustrated Guide to Massage and Aromatherapy
Essay #5- The Sentence is a Lonely Place by Gary Lutz

REVIEWS NEEDING TO BE WRITTEN: 3
Tale of Genji Read-a-long Update Chapters 22-30
The Lie by Fredrica Wagman
10 Simple Solutions to Chronic Pain by Tearman


POSTS POSTED: 12

POSTS WITH MOST COMMENTS:
#1 20 Questions- Featuring Kailana 18 comments
#2 Take Me Away- Australian Aborigines 17 comments
#3 Blog Awards 13 comments
#4 20 Questions- Featuring Amanda 9 comments


BEST COMMENTERS FOR THE WEEK:
#1 rhapsodyinbooks - 11 comments
#2 heidenkind - 9 comments
#3 Amanda - 6 comments
#4 Nymeth & Bermudaonion - 5 comments
#5 Jenners & Staci - 4 comments
#6 Melody, Kaye (PPP), and Laughing Stars - 3 comments
#7 Vivienne, Violet Crush, Jess, Caspette, Kerri, Serena, & Kailana - 2 comments

Thank You So Much!!

CHALLENGES UPDATE:
Includes only those books I have both read AND reviewed.
This week I have put a red asterisk next to those challenges which I am at least halfway to completing, all but one of which ends by the end of 2009.
How are you doing on your reading this week?

7 comments:

  1. This is a great feature to have on your blog. I read this one today and I think its a great way to keep track of everything.

    Mind if I borrow it? I think I would start in Sept doing this.

    I am always amazed at people who can read more then a book or two at a time. I sadly can't do that.

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read more than one book at a time and now that I'm a bit older (lol) I just don't want to juggle too many storylines. Some of those books you're reading are pretty heavy. I admire you for reading Gengji...that one sounds like a hard read to me!!! Love your updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally making progress on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. The first parts were slow - trying to keep track of who was who and what happened. All of the sudden when Part 3 started, it all started coming together. But that was late last night...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still reading Oracles of Delphi. I'm more than halfway through, though, so... yay.

    I really want to read a romance novel right now, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..you have a lot going on there. i hope you are enjoying all these books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks like another great reading week for you!

    Ooh, I love those covers! They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mind if anyone wants to do their own Wednesday Short Reports, just link back here and post away!

    I do read a lot of books at once and there are several "heavy" books this time. I am picking some lighter fare my next go-round, if you will.

    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo does have a lot of characters. I have loved the audio version though. The narrator is very skilled and has a different voice for each character. I am not sure about the almost Irish accent of the northern Swedish couple, but since they are but a small part of the story, it's not bothersome.

    I will be reading The Tale of Genji until this time next year! It is quite the undertaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!