August 2, 2009

TSS: July Round-Up!


Here is what I've accomplished for the month of July:

Books Read: 7
Short Stories Read: 2
Essays Read: 0
Pages Read: 1667 (not counting audiobooks)
Posts Published: 63
Challenges Completed: none
Challenges Started: Random Reading Challenge

Reviews Written:
1. A Worthy Legacy by Tomi Akinyanmi
(and interview w/author)
2. 3 Mini-Reviews
A Memoir of Jane Austen, Fibromyalgia for Dummies, & Love in the Time of Cholera
3. The Rose That Grew From Concrete by Tupac Shakur
4. The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver
Book vs. Movie
5. The Attraction Distraction by Sonia M. Miller
6. Fire of Love by James McCaffrey
7. The Fibromyalgia Relief Book by Miryam Ehrlich Williamson
8. Cafe Tempest: Adventures on a Small Greek Island by Barbara Bonfigli

Updates on The Tale of Genji Read-a-long:
1.
The Tale of Genji by Murakami Shikibu Chapters 1-12
2. Chapters 13-21

5 Books I Added to the TBR List (out of the many):
1. Things Left Unspoken by Eva Marie Everson
2. The Friends We Keep by Sarah Zacharias Davis
3. The Concubine's Daughter by Pai Kit Fai
4. The Sari Shop Window by Shobhan Bantwal
5. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

5 of the Books I Received in My Mailbox:
1. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner
2. A Disobedient Girl by Ru Freeman
3. The Salt Roads by Nalo Hopkinson
4. The Reincarnationist by M.J. Rose
5. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

5 Blogs I Discovered:
1. Alley of Books
2. Austenprose
3. Bambi Reads
4. Bibliofreak
5. Serendipitous Readings

5 Bookish Events That Grabbed My Attention:
1. The Passing of Angela's Ashes Author Frank McCourt (click here)
2. Reimagining 'Fahrenheit 451' as a Graphic Novel (click here)
3. Audience Picks: 100 Best Beach Books Ever (click here)
4. Complimentary Wi-Fi Now Available at Barnes & Noble (click here)
5. Recommended Books on Michael Jackson (click here) (click here) (click here)

ALSO:

Books To Finish Reading Before the End of August:
1. The Lie by Frederica Wagman
2. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
4. A Disobedient Girl by Ru Freeman


And Finally, 5 Cool Things To Look For This Month on Lost in Books:
1. August 8th- My Month in Music Post
2. August 20th- My Month in Movies Post
3. August 25th- TLC Book Tours Stops Here for A Disobedient Girl by Ru Freeman!
4. Take Me Away Posts: August 8: India, August 15: Brazil, August 22: Aboriginal Culture of Australia, August 29: Egypt
5. Also a new feature where I post about my creative writing! (which I totally neglected in July)

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could say I read seven books this month... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great month -- and some good posts coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm really looking forward to the book tour for The Disobedient Girl. I don't normally read a lot of book tour posts, but that book really interests me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAHRENHEIT 451 as a graphic novel ... I imagine that will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great month all-around! :-) Hope you have a great August as well!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too read 7 boks. But thats less for me. I read around 10-12 a month!

    TSS: Mare's War by Tanita S. Davis

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter in law has Fibromylasia. She says it's very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You had a great month!! and it looks like August will be more of the same goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've a great reading month in July! Let's hope August will be a better reading month for all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do creative writing? How coolio. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!