August 11, 2009

New Stuff Coming!

There are some new things coming up on Lost in Books that you may (or may not, I don't know) want to be aware of. Check it out:

1. Starting this week I will be sharing with you some of the writing exercises I have been doing, trying to get back into writing since all the s*** (for lack of a more descriptive word, see I need to get back into writing) went down this past year and I got mentally blocked. Thanks to Belle for helping me out of my funk.

2. I am going to be having a major giveaway in November for my birthday. I will be turning 30 and I want to celebrate with my bloggy friends!

3. I am starting a new feature called 20 Questions that will feature book bloggers answering 20 questions about their reading habits and book loving selves! Heidenkind is the first participant (victim?) of the feature. I am hoping to have it be random so you never know when the next one will be coming. (evil laugh)

4. I am also dropping a couple of memes that I have been doing regularly just because I don't have the time anymore since I started working again. I will update the schedule in the sidebar soon, but I am keeping Mailbox Monday (which I post only when I have something come in the mail!), Diversity Role Call, The Wednesday Short Report, Booking Through Thursday (when I have something to say), Friday Finds, Friday Fill-Ins, Take Me Away Saturdays (as if you'd let me stop this feature), and Sunday Salon. So that is taking off 5 memes I believe. So, still a lot, but a little more manageable. Besides, like someone else was mentioning not long ago, Musing Mondays and BTT often have similar questions and since I was doing BTT first, I am sticking with it. It's not that I don't like everyone's memes because I totally do, it is just I have to cut some things or my posts will be even more sporadic than they already are.

5. At the request of several people, I will once again host the Colorful Reading Challenge next year, just fyi.

6. I will also be giving away 2 prizes through a random drawing on Twitter once I reach 750 followers (I always delete spammers so they don't count- REAL followers only). What are the prizes? Stay tuned to find out!


If you have reviewed a book I have reviewed, please leave me a message or comment and I will add your link to my post.

11 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to your writing exercises. I am hoping they might motivate me too! My aim is to have a manuscript written by the end of the next school year. Ambitious or what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. :)

    Yay for birthday parties! Will there be cake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on writing again and I look forward to those posts...Looks like your birthday bash in November will be something to look forward to as well...

    I can't wait to see these 20 questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the new stuff sounds great!! Wish I lived closer I'd buy you a drink on your birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. writing motivation. I just read a chapter in a book about writing about this.

    Wow, that was really bad writing. :)

    I look forward to reading more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a lot going on so dropping a few memes seems pretty reasonable to me :)

    Looking forward to the 20 questions postings! Off to read the first now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I felt so guilty when I decided to drop a few memes. They had been so helpful to me in getting started in the blogosphere. And here I was ditching them in order to make the best use of my time with original posts instead. But let me tell you. It was quite liberating being able to dictate my own content rather than trying to fit into a format or wait for someone else to post things for me to interpret. I still participate in 2 memes every week and run a 3rd, but it is a better fit for my schedule now. I still jump back in to some of the other ones a few times a month when I have something valuable to contribute. But less pressure means a happier blogger! So enjoy your new freedome ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, can you tell me what exactly is The Sunday Salon? I've seen it around, but don't know who hosts and everyone's posts seem to be different! Since you brought it up, I decided you would be a good one to ask!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the meme queen!!! Or you used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looked for your writing exercises but don't see any yet.

    What date in November?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!