August 8, 2009

My Month in Music- July/August

Featuring Coldplay, Bob Marley, and The Airborne Toxic Event.
Like my taste in books and in movies, my taste in music is eclectic as well. I listen to everything (save screaming into the mike). So you could find me listening to Miles Davis as easily as you could find me listening to Linkin Park.

Here is what I have been listening to a lot in the past month. You will find a link to a video on You Tube with each. Never listened to the song? Try it out!


Pitbull- I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
I liked this song as soon as I first heard it on the radio. You may have heard this song on the show So You Think You Can Dance (The Top 16 number). The video is kind of lame, but the song is hot. I always want to dance when I hear it.


Paolo Nutini- Candy
I love this simple, beautiful love song.





The Airborne Toxic Event- Sometime Around Midnight
I like his voice and this is the first song by them that I really got into.




Coldplay- Violet Hill
I love Coldplay, but I did not actually like this song when it first came out. Now I am a big fan of it. They have a new song, Strawberry Swing, but this is the song I have been listening to a lot this month.


The Beatles- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
The video is almost as awesome as the song.



Sean Kingston- Fire Burning
I have been listening to this while I work out.





Bob Marley- One Love and Stir It Up and Redemption Song
I listen to a lot of Bob in the summer months. Can't beat reggae for a good summer feel.



What have you been listening to a lot lately? Is there music that always makes you think of summer?

6 comments:

  1. I like Violet Hill, too. I have been listening to quite a bit of Sia lately, especially the song Breathe Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do have eclectic tastes! Thanks for pulling together all the links! I'm listening to Cold Play now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about Calle Ocho, that's the kind of music that makes you swivel your hips! If you go to a party with a lot of latina people and play a song with a beat like that, it doesn't matter how old or young we women (and men) are, everybody is going to be up dancing. Latin beats are so....wonderful. Ever since I was little, my mom would play music like this (then it was Santana, or Celia Cruz) and we would all dance. It's a fun way to do housework too, put on the beats and go to work, dancing with the mop, the broom, the little brothers, the mami,- it was great. Now I've got my grandchildren started on this type of music. I especially love the mix of spanish music with the hiphop. I put on some salsa or mambo and we're off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love some reggae in the summer! Always go back to the songs I loved from previous summers but I'm pretty eclectic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reggae and summer go together like 4th of July and fireworks! I also love to listen to Wyclef Jean in the summer; a lot of his solo work is inspired by Haitian music and it's fab. He even put out an entire album of Creole hip-hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love Fire Burning! It makes me want to get up and dance so I totally understand why it would be your work-out music.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!