August 3, 2009

Monday Movie Meme: Reunions


This week's movie topic is all about Reunions...

Let's see:
Casablanca (1942) - past lovers run into each other again in Morocco
Forrest Gump (1994)- Forrest reunites with Jenny
I Am Sam (2001)- Sam works to be reunited with his daughter, Lucy
When Harry Met Sally (1989)- If you think about it, they are reuniting through half the movie.
The First Wives Club (1996)- three former college friends reunite after the 4th friend commits suicide
Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)- Former car thief reunites old gang for one last heist to help his brother
The Notebook (2004)- The story of two lovers who go their separate ways only to be drawn back to each other.

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, "The Notebook" one of my favorites. my Monday movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Harry Met Sally was the first one I thought of. :-) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Notebook! I am usually not that into romance in movies or books, but that one just felt so authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is, quite possibly, the BEST list I have seen today! And you know, Andy came up with When Harry Met Sally and I left it off because I didn't think of it as them reuniting but of always having been together - but you are right (don't tell Andy I said so) ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments, everyone! And Bumbles, your secret is safe with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list of reunion-themed movies.

    My husband and I watch Casablanca every Valentine's Day - a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about The Illusionist, where Ed Norton is reunited with Jessica Alba?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!