August 24, 2009

The Illustrated Guide to Massage and Aromatherapy

BOOK #: 67
REASONS READ: for my fibromyalgia and for the 999 Challenge
PUBLISHER: Hermes House
GENRE: Health, Body, & Mind
RATING: 4/5

This book is full of photographs and text that breaks down over 150 techniques in massage, therapeutic essential oils, Reiki healing, and meditation. The techniques range from self-administered to treating babies, expectant mothers, and giving sensual massages. The author has included proven massage and aromatherapy remedies for common problems such as headaches, muscular pain, stress, and digestive disorders.

The photographs are crisp and clear and show step by step how to administer the massages. They have a break down of the various essential oils and how the oil can be used in healing treatments. The text is clear and easy to understand, and of course if you need help, the pictures are there to guide you.

Some of my favorite highlights are:
~Massage to improve circulation
~Simple tension release techniques
~Learning about Reiki healing technique
~Self-body massage
~Massaging the back
~Relieving tension from driving
~Loving massages
~Reflexology and acupressure
~The benefits of reflexology
~Aromatherapy for insomnia and for mental fatigue

I recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about massage techniques and some non-traditional healing techniques.



Other Reviews:
If you have reviewed a book I have reviewed, please leave me a message or comment and I will add your link to my post.

5 comments:

  1. Rebecca, did the book give any useful advice for fibromyalgia? I have discovered that foot massages usually help me feel better. Only problem is that I have to feel really poorly before I'll ask my husband for one. He is so kind and tells me to never hesitate, but I do.

    I have thought about going once or twice a month for a full massage but have ever got up the nerve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of massage and what it can do to improve your health. My mom also has fibromyalgia, and although I had been telling her for years to try it, it wasn't until a doctor recommended it that she finally tried it. Now, she swears by it! I like the idea of using massage to help babies as well. I'm glad this is going more mainstream all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My high school biology teacher was really into Reiki massage and she told me once she saw her spirit animal while she was getting a massage. It was a tiger. I've thought about getting a massage a few times, but I don't have the time/cash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think massage is great - I just need a masseuse! The times I've been able to get a massage it has always been wonderful! In general, it's too cost prohibitive for me. My husband will do my shoulders for maybe 20 seconds, and then gets bored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aromatherapy is greatly beneficial for our body healing it physically and emotionally. But it is also said that only essential oils are to be used in aromatherapy since synthetic ingredients maybe harmful for the body.
    ____________________
    Tools & Gifts For Your Spiritual Practice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!