August 14, 2009

Friday Finds - A Twofer



I found this book on the U.K. news site, Telegraph.co.uk, and the book is more than it seems. One of seven former girlfriends to Hef, Isabella has written a tell-all that covers everything from being the "token brain" in Hef's harem to the lack of a sex-life (including with Hef) and how being there was "like living in a convent" in more ways than just one. You can read more here. I find it to be quite different from what you are allowed to see on the E! Girls Next Door show and worse than I had imagined it to be.


I found this book on Kay's blog, Infinite Shelf, for which she gave 4.5 stars to:

Sarah McConnell’s husband had been dead for three months when she saw him in the grocery store.
What does a woman do when she’s thirty-nine, childless, and completely alone for the first time in her life? Does it mean she’s crazy to think she sees her late husband beside a display of pumpkins? Or is it just what people do, a natural response to grief that will fade in time? That’s what Sarah McConnell’s friends told her, that it was natural, would last a season, and then fade away.

But what if there was another answer? What if he was really there? They never found the body, after all. What if he is still here somehow, and about to walk back into her life?

2 comments:

  1. The Widow's Season has caught my eye also, but that Bunny Tales sounds pretty revealing. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get Bunny Tales for my 82 year old mother - she loves The Girls Next Door and tells me every detail of the show. I want to read The Widow's Season, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!