August 7, 2009

Friday Finds- The 'My TBR Explodes' Edition


Friday Finds is hosted by Should Be Reading.

You book bloggers are bad news for my TBR list and TBR piles. (yes, I added a s.) As I caught up on my Google Reader the past 2 days (which I have been shamefully behind on & am not through yet, all apologies) I have gathered a list so long I wasn't even sure I could put them all on my Friday Finds post. Seriously. I told you I have a book disease, didn't I?

However after lots of thinking, I want to give credit to those who inspire me to read books, so I am including everyone. Yep. That's right. All the ones I found (including book covers b/c I know that sometimes that can attract me to a book when the title may not.) So hold on tight! It's a long ride to the bottom of this post. You ready? Here we go....

(Click on the blog name to go directly to their review/Friday Finds page to find out more about the book. Then come back here to find out what else they inspired me to add to my list. If I messed up any links, let me know and I will fix them. There were a lot of links this week!!)

Buenos Aires Broken Hearts Club by Jessica Morrison
Found @ S. Krishna's Books

The Fat Woman Next Door is Pregnant by Michel Tremblay
Found @ In Spring it is the Dawn

Yellowknife by Steve Zipp
Found @ In Spring it is the Dawn

Far From You by Lisa Schroeder
Found @ The Book Pixie

My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger
Found @ this post from Linus's Blanket and
this post from Linus's Blanket
(Saw it a couple places before but Nicole's reviews really got me interested, so she gets credit for this one.)

Summer Reading by Hilma Wolitzer
Found @ Linus's Blanket

Wait for Me by An Na
Found @ Linus's Blanket

June Bug by Chris Fabry
Found @ A Book Lover

The Book of Rapture by Nikki Gemmell
Found @ A Garden Carried in the Pocket

Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Found @ A Guy's Moleskine Notebook
(While I knew of the book, Matt inspired me to read it.)

So Many Books by Gabriel Zaid
Found @ Savidge Reads

Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Found @ things mean a lot

The House on Fortune Street by Margot Livesey
Found @ caribousmom

Gods Are Soldiers, an anthology by Rob Spillman
Found @ caribousmom

Siam Nights: A Love Story by J.F. Gump
Found @ J. Kaye's Book Blog

A Hatful of Cherries by Felix Calvino
Found @ Diary of an Eccentric

The Spies of Warsaw by Alan Furst
Found @ Diary of an Eccentric

Once in a Blue Moon by Eileen Goudge
Found @ Missy's Book Nook

52 Brilliant Ideas: Sleep Deep: Simple Techniques for Beating Insomnia
Found @ One Literature Nut

The Private Papers of Eastern Jewel by Maureen Lindley
Published by Bloomsbury USA
Found @ Shelf Awareness

The Lost Throne by Chris Kuzneski
Published by Putnam
Found @ Shelf Awareness

Egyptian Art by Jaromir Malek
Found @ Heidenkind's Hideaway

Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott
Found @ Alley of Books

The Calligrapher's Daughter by Eugenia Kim
Found @ Bibliophile by the Sea

Why Evolution is True by Jerry A. Coyne
Found @ book-a-rama

The Opposite of Love by Julie Buxbaum
Found @ Books on the Brain



DOUBLES
(I found these at 2 or more blogs.) Hugh and Bess by Susan Higginbotham
Found @ My Friend Amy and @ Passages to the Past

Where The Wild Things Were by William Stolzenburg
Found @ Age 30+...A Lifetime of Books and @ At Home with Books

The House at Sugar Beach by Helene Cooper
Found @ Shelf Awareness and @ Bibliophile by the Sea

The Hope of Refuge by Cindy Woodsmall
Found @ A Bookish Mom @Books and Needlepoint @ Bibliophile by the Sea
(I know! Gasp! A Christian book! But, it's about the Amish, which I like especially.)

A Circle of Souls by Preetham Grandhi
Found @ Melissa's Bookshelf and @ Booking Mama

And...

Books Found @ The 23rd Book Review Book Carnival
over on the blog Bart's Bookshelf:

Personal Velocity by Rebecca Miller
Review @ The Truth About Lies

The Silver Swan by Benjamin Black
Review @ Ready When You Are, C.B.

The Five C's of Cinematography by Joseph Mascelli
Review @ Jack Cabbage

These all look like amazing books to read and I can't wait to try them out! Did you discover any new ones on this list? Which ones?

16 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a lot to add to your TBR. But then again, they really all seem like good books. I have seen most of them reviewed or talked about on other blogs so I say 'Good Choices'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo the "wow"! That is a huge list, and a lot of work with the pictures and the links. Thanks for putting that together for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your TBR pile really did explode, but you found some great looking books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great, now I have even more to add to MY list. Thanks a lot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Books Batgirl...you weren't kidding!!! And all of them look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Books Batgirl...you weren't kidding!!! And all of them look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa! I've never seen so many books on a Friday Finds post before. I also fall behind when it comes to checking out other blogs and my Google Reader; I leave it unattended for a few days and it reaches that scary point where it says "+1000".

    We're a bad influence indeed. =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what a list! Now I need to take my time looking through them to see which ones I want. I haven't seen any of these, so they are all new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are definitely naughty making your list explode. Punishment - go to your room and read for hours. Oh, yeah, I can do the time! Seriously, you got some great looking books on your list. Dang, now my list is exploding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for adding THE OPPOSITE OF LOVE to your TBR pile. Very much hope you enjoy it! You'll have to let me know what you think.

    All the best,
    Julie Buxbaum

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an incredible list... and only in one week? I loved this post what a great way to show your appreciation for the "work" all these book bloggers have done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've wanted to read Tender is the Night foreverrrrr, but I haven't gotten around to it. I can't wait for review of it! (No pressure or anything -_~)

    And I really wish my name was something cool like An Na.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing list! I'm glad I was able to add one to your list. :)

    I have the same problem with Friday Finds. I haven't posted my finds in weeks and there's no way I'm going to be able to include them all in my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what great finds!! I've kind of given up on posting mine because there are just too many, and not only does my TBR explode, but my head does too, just thinking about it! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BTW, glad I could help you add to your list with A Circle of Souls, lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Lord Woman! Are you out of your mind????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!