August 13, 2009

20 Questions- Featuring NotJaneAusten

Welcome back to my new feature, 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better. The first post was on Tuesday and featured Tasha of Heidenkind's Hideaway. Be sure to click over if you missed it!



Today I would like to present to you Miranda of I Am Not Jane Austen who will be answering the 20 Questions today. Thanks Miranda!


20 QUESTIONS



1. Last book you bought: The Calligrapher’s Daughter by Eugenia Kim

2. Last book you got in the mail: The Magicians by Lev Grossman

3. The first book you read over and over: Bram Stoker’s Dracula

4. Children’s book every child should read: any and all things Dr. Suess

5. Favorite place to read: Lying on the living room couch

6. A book you bought just for the cover: Johannes Cabal The Necromancer by Jonathan L. Howard

7. Scariest book ever read: The Ghost Writer by John Harwood (but the ending was a bust)

8. Most romantic book ever read: Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare

9. Book that changed your life in some way: Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross

10. Book you’ve re-read the most times: The Awakening by Kate Chopin

11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for: The Divine Comedy by Dante

12. Book you needed the dictionary for: Moby Dick by Herman Melville

13. Book you liked that no one else seems to: The Jungle by Upton Sinclair

14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love: The Embers by Hyatt Bass (it just wasn’t my taste)

15. Number of books you own (you can guess): At least 200

16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet): 20

17. Must-have reading accessories: Sweet Tarts & my pup lying on my chest snoring

18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to: Boston, 1849, in The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl – it seemed very dark & mysterious at that time

19. Top Three Favorite Authors: Chuck Palahniuk, Fyodor Dostoyevski & Matthew Pearl

20. Three Bloggers You Want to See Participate in this Feature: A Book In Hand, The Book Addict, The Book Maven


Check back soon to see the next two participants in 20 Questions!
If you would like to participate in 20 Questions, please send me an e-mail!


If you have reviewed a book I have reviewed, please leave me a message or comment and I will add your link to my post.

10 comments:

  1. Great choice of favorite author in Chuck Palahniuk. I read 'Rant' earlier this year and it was a pretty crazy book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feature! It was a lot of fun to read the questions and answers. I agree on the Seuss books and Fyodor Dostoyevski.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous new feature!! I love to see what other bloggers/book lovers like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great questions - I love this feature! I agree about The Ghost Writer - loved the book, but the end left me flat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you, Miranda! I can definitely understand getting Cliff's Notes for Dante--I'm so glad I haven't been forced to read him yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Miranda! Great to meet you. I really love your favorite author choices: Chuck Palahniuk, Fyodor Dostoyevski!

    Boston in the 1800s would have been a great place to go back to, I think.

    Cliff notes for Dante's Inferno, try reading it in Italian! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing answers, and I'd love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the book related questions. I'm always curious as to what other people like to read and stuff like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was fun to read!

    http://starkravingbibliophile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really liking this ... a great way to get exposed to a wide variety of books at one time! Really gives you a sense of the blogger as well and what they like.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!