August 27, 2009

20 Questions- Featuring Kristen of Bookworming in the 21st Century

Welcome back to my new feature, 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better. Today I would like to present to you Kristen of one of my new favorite blogs, Bookworming in the 21st Century! Thanks, Kristen!


20 QUESTIONS


1. Last book you bought: In the Belly of the Bloodhound by L.A. Meyer. I've read all of this series so far and am now collecting them in paperback format.

2. Last book you got in the mail: Today I just got Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell.

3. The first book you read over and over: The first? Probably anything Nancy Drew, I've read all of those a billion times as a kid.

4. Children’s book every child should read: Where the Wild Things Are

5. Favorite place to read: On my couch.

6. A book you bought just for the cover: Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert (that and all the hype)

7. Scariest book ever read: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

8. Most romantic book ever read: GloomCookie by Serena Valentino - something about dying over and over again just for love appeals to me.

9. Book that changed your life in some way: Fables by Bill Willingham - got me WAY into graphic novels.

10. Book you’ve re-read the most times: The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene (1st Nancy Drew book)

11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

12. Book you needed the dictionary for: Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky

13. Book you like that no one else seems to: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love: A Map of the Known World by Lisa Ann Sandell

15. Number of books you own (you can guess): Right now.. about 500

16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet): Around 750

17. Must-have reading accessories: blanket and tea

18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to: Lyra's Oxford from Philip Pullman's series.

19. Top Three Favorite Authors: Francesca Lia Block, Charles DeLint, and Kristin Britain.

20. Three Book Bloggers You Want to See Featured in the Future: I would love to see Emma from Booking Through 365 (http://bookingthrough365.blogspot.com/) - because she rocks and got me into blogging - Shayla from The Book Explorer (http://thebookexplorer.blogspot.com/) - love talking to that gal! - and Kay from You 2.0 Blog (http://www.kaycassidy.com/blog/) - because I am totally in love with her blog.



Check the schedule below to see who is appearing next on 20 Questions!

Tuesday, Sept. 1- Tif of Tif Talks Books
Thursday, Sept. 3- Carolyn of Book Chick City


Do you want to be featured on 20 Questions? Send me an e-mail (which you can find on my Blogger profile!) with your answers to the questions! Please include questions and answers together, which makes it easier for me to post, plus a photo if you want me to put a different one than your blog's profile picture. I will then e-mail you and let you know I received them and will e-mail you again on the week when you will be featured!

11 comments:

  1. Lyra's Oxford- that would be a great destination and it's one I wouldn't have thought of.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read Where the Wild Things Are as a kid - only as an adult. And I know all adults who read it love it, and probably pass that enthusiasm on to kids. But I'd love to know how kids interpret it if they've just found it on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyra's Oxford is a wonderful destination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a graphic novel version of Great Expectations when I was in elementary school. I thought it was the greatest book evarrrr! But I've never read the actual book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come by and check out the award you have been given. :)

    http://marireads.blogspot.com/2009/08/zombie-chicken-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments guys! and thanks a ton for letting me do this! It was lots of fun and I hope you get a ton more people wanting to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca, I always look forward to your 20 questions posts. So fun to learn more about fellow bloggers.

    Kristen, I enjoyed your responses. Isn't it funny/sad that we have such long, long TBR lists?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post by Kristen (thanks!) and great comments, too. I agree that it is wonderful/funny/sad that we have such long TBR lists. I would hate to even print mine out in a small font. It would be a book itself! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Nancy Drew when I was in 5th grade. Read them all in a summer!! I haven't read Lyra's Oxford so I'm not sure what to expect but positive that it would be fun!! Kristen, thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great questions. I might just have to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the answers to these questions...

    Ah Joseph Conrad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!