July 15, 2009

The Wednesday Short Report


IN THE LAST WEEK (Since 7/8):

I had a slower reading week this week, but in better news, I got a job! Yay!

Finally. I have been out of work since January. It's not my dream job, but it is a job as a part-time Assistant Teacher working for a child development center for a large Child & Family Services program. I am overqualified for my position, but I am definitely not complaining: it is working with children, I like my boss, it will be a fun atmosphere to work in, I can move up from there when positions become available, and, well, it's money, so I am very excited! Hopefully, I will start next week! Okay, now that I have shared this bit of news, on to the books!

BOOKS FINISHED READING: 1
The Attraction Distraction by Sonia Miller

PAGES READ: 298 (Not counting audiobooks)

REVIEWS WRITTEN: 2
Saturday Review: 3 Mini-Reviews
Monday Book Review: The Rose That Grew From Concrete

POSTS POSTED: 12

BOOKS CURRENTLY READING: 5
The Tale of Genji by Lady Murasaki (pg. 344 of 1216)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (car audiobook- on disc 2)
Native Son by Richard Wright (audiobook- on disc 2)
Cafe Tempest: Adventures on a Small Greek Island by Barbara Bonfigli (pg. 62 of 312)
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami (pg. 26 of 304)


REVIEWS NEEDING TO BE WRITTEN: 4
The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver
Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD: Beyond Piles, Palms, and Post-Its by Terry Matlen
The Fibromyalgia Relief Book by Miryam E. Williamson
The Attraction Distraction by Sonia Miller


POSTS WITH MOST COMMENTS:
#1 Take Me Away...to Japan!
#2 BTT: Unread Books
#3 My Month in Music- June/July


BEST COMMENTERS FOR THE WEEK:
I had quite a few once-only commenters this week. Here are those who commented 2 or more times.

#1 Bermudaonion--5 comments
#2 Caspette, Staci--4 comments
#3 Jenners, Claire, Nicole, Literary Feline--3 comments
#4 Ladybug, Nymeth, Peacefull Reader, Kerri, heidenkind, Scrap girl, A Novel Menagerie--2 comments

Thank You!!

CHALLENGES UPDATE:
These numbers do not include those books above which I have not reviewed.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats and good luck on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job! That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to sound repetitive, but congrats on the new job!

    And oh I need to do some mini-reviews too! It's the only way I'm going to catch up on my reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations on the job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for me! I like that I made the top 5!

    I like this post a lot!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were able to get a job at last! I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you that you've got a job!! Yay!!! You've been busy and have a lot of good reads that you're involved in!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for the job! Hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chiming in, glad to hear you've got a job, even if it means less of you here. And I'm waiting anxiously to hear what you think of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which is one of my recent favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone! I am SO excited about the job!!! Can you tell at all?!? :D

    A Novel Menagerie- Thanks for commenting! It's my way of telling you guys how much I appreciate it. I am thinking up more to do for regulars too, but haven't decided what to do yet.

    Staci- I have been unusually preoccupied lately. A new friend (who also has ADD) suggested that the amount of stress I have been under these past few months are finally starting to reveal themselves more and that is part of the reason I am in a reading funk. Makes so much sense. And I was blaming it all on ADD! I am working on 3 reviews to get up soon.

    Jeanne- I am on Disc 3 of the audio book and I feel like it is finally starting to get really interesting. He has just found out about Tammy's (I think that name's right) disappearance. It is kind of slow going since I am only listening to it in the car but I am getting there! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay on the job!! WOO HOO! That has got to feel great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!