July 5, 2009

TSS: June Round-Up!


Here is what I've accomplished for the month of June:

Books Read: 9
Short Stories Read: 4
Essays Read: 0
Pages Read: 2390
Posts Published: 78
Challenges Completed: Spiritually Speaking Reading Challenge, The 48-Hour Reading Challenge
Challenges Started: Take a Chance Challenge, The I Dare Challenges

Reviews Written:
1. The Funny Thing Is...by Ellen DeGeneres
2. Simple Taoism: A Guide to Living in Balance by C. Alexander and Annellen Simpkins
3. Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch
4. Mini Reviews
5. Poetry Book Review: Chief Modern Poets of England and America

5 Books I Added to the TBR List (out of the many):
1. Haunting Bombay by Shilpa Agarwal
2. Valeria's Last Stand by Marc Fitten
3. The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
4. The Book of Unholy Mischief by Elle Newmark
5. 500 Great Books by Women by Erica Bauermeister, Jesse Larson, and Holly Smith

5 of the Books I Received in My Mailbox:
1. The Lie by Fredrica Wagman
2. Uglies by Scott Westerfield
3. The Disappearance of Irene Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas
4. The Chosen One by Carol Lynch-Williams
5. Scared by Tom Davis

5 Blogs I Discovered:
1. Just a (Reading) Fool
2. Jo-Jo Loves to Read!!!
3. The Bumbles Blog
4. BookNAround
5. Wonders and Marvels


5 Bookish Events That Grabbed My Attention:
1. Alice Hoffman Going Off on a Reviewer on Twitter
2. Robin D. Gill Going Off on Me (click here for more info)
3. The BBC Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction Award Winner (click here)
4. Finding Friends of Library Sales with New Site (click here)
5. 85-Year-Old Author Gloria Vanderbuilt Pens Erotic Novel (click here)

ALSO:

Books I Must Read Before End of July:
1. Cafe Tempest: Adventures of a Small Greek Island by Barbara Bonfigli (actually by July 14)
2. The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve
3. The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
4. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
6. The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver
7. What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt
8. A Lucky Child: Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal

And Finally, 5 Cool Things To Look For This Month on Lost in Books:
1. July 7th- Author Tomi Akinyanmi Blog Tour Stop and Interview! (my first blog tour AND my first author interview!)
2. July 8th- My Month in Music Post
3. July 11th- Take Me Away to Japan
4. July 14th- Author Barbara Bonfigli Blog Tour Stop!
5. Also a new feature where I post about my creative writing!

11 comments:

  1. Great wrap up.

    I hope you enjoy Uglies. I loved the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rebecca. I just read Robin Gill's awful comment on your post. It's heartening to know the support you're receiving from other bloggers. Certainly authors have to understand that not every reader will love and gush about their book. Well, he certainly lost many potential readers, including me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an award waiting for you here (I know how much you love them LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you wrote! My husband and I are thinking about starting a weekly writing exercise meme (something like Weekly Geeks, only writing-centric). It'd be on my writing blog (Ramblings) and not The Zen Leaf, but I have to see how much interest there'd be in the idea first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous wrap up. It is nice to see it all put together in one post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great wrap up! I loved the section: "Five bookish events that caught my attention!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Wrap up!
    I read "The Book of Unholy mischief", and if you read it I hope you'll like it too! :) After reading your review, I really want to read "The funny thing is..." (well, I already did, I just want it more now! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you say books I MUST read do you mean cuz you have to review them or cuz you just really really want to!??

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've had quite a month. I just read Robin Gill's comment and thought it was way out of line. He can count me as another lost potential reader!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice round-up of past and future!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and thought it was fantastic. I hope you'll enjoy it. What a neat way to do a month in review. Looking forward to your first blog tour - yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!