July 16, 2009

Thursday Tea


The Tea: is not tea at all, but actually a Coca-Cola. Hey, I'm addicted, what can I say?



The Book: Cafe Tempest: Adventures on a Small Greek Island by Barbara Bonfigli
Welcome to the small Greek island of Pharos, a sparkling necklace of turquoise bays and sun-laced platias, where ice trays are still being test-marketed and donkeys have the right of way. When Sarah, a 30-something American theatrical producer, is asked to direct the locals in their summer play, she picks Shakespeare's The Tempest. What follows is a hilarious adventure in casting, rehearsing, and consuming--a feast in four acts. When Sarah falls in love, her offstage romance provides an exhilirating, unpredictable counterpoint to Shakespeare's story of magic, intrigue, and the power of love.

The Mix: While I think Coca-Cola goes with absolutely anything (with the exception of cereal) I feel like I should be drinking Greek wine or Ouzo, which is a Greek liqueur. Ouzo is "basically brandy with an Anis taste". It's pretty cheap and at some places in Greece you can get it for free after a meal, apparently. They were drinking it in the book at one point. But since I can't even remember to get myself some tea, I probably will not get to Greek liqueur before I finish this book.

10 comments:

  1. That's funny that you drink so much coke. I hardly ever have it unless I'm having it mixed with something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouzo is awful, in my opinion. But Greek wine is good! And visiting Greece would be even better! Sounds like a romantic book for a romantic place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it would make a really amusing movie - kind of like Cosi (if you've seen that one).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny! I rarely drink tea myself, but I rarely drink caffeine either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coca-cola is my version of Jack Daniels. :P I don't really drink that much because I think it's bad (health-wise), but when I'm having a bad week, that's what I hit. That and Cheetos.

    The book sounds like a lovely summer read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Coke is my guilty pleasure. Some people drink coffee (which I do not like), some like dessert, some people skip exercising to watch TV, some skimp on fresh fruit and veggies; I drink Coca-Cola. No, it's not the healthiest habit, but hey, we all have our vices. :D

    Oh, and so far, this book is very lovely. It is very "Eat Pray Love" with a Greek twist and too many characters. But more on that on July 31st when her Blog Tour stops here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, that might be the first time I've seen someone have Coke for their Thursday tea. :-) I'm not a consistent tea-drinker so I've never done this meme.

    BTW, as for Holly's Inbox, I think what really made the book was just some of the hilarious email exchanges and crazy antics of her family. It didn't strike me as being a "heavy" chick lit book, but then since I've never read chick lit, (that I remember, haha) I don't really know... Could just be one of those books that hit me at the right time too, who knows?! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, another fellow addict of pop!! My favorite is Diet Dr. Pepper...can't think of life without it!! Good luck on hunting down that Greek wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa- Yes, I drink a lot of tea during the fall, winter, and spring, but then in the summer I fall off the wagon, so to speak.

    Staci- Oh, how lovely to find someone else who understands my pleasure from soda. Diet Dr. Pepper is really good. They don't even need regular Dr. P anymore because the diet is so good! Diet Coke, on the other hand, needs some work. :)

    I did not have Greek wine tonight, but I did have the loveliest Riesling with my mother at an Italian restaurant for dinner. Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my caffeine but I don't drink soda, so coffee or tea for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!