July 21, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays- A Threesome


I am reading a lot of books right now. Finally, yesterday I got out of my reading slump by taking my book out on the deck and reading right before dark hit. It was comfy and the sun wasn't too bright and it was lovely. Yay! So I am going to share a teaser from each book I am reading that is not on audio. Kind of hard to capture a quote when you're listening to it. Hopefully you will enjoy at least one of these quotes. :)


from Cafe Tempest: Adventures on a Small Greek Island by Barbara Bonfigli~
(It comes from the beginning of the book, but too good not to use. I forgot about this one last week.)

"Harika na se dho,' I tell him, a phrase I learned over the winter. Until then what I'd thought meant 'Happy to see you' was actually 'I'm so thrilled to see you I could jump into bed with you right now.' Which may explain my popularity on Pharos." (pg. 9 of 289)


from What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt~

"Their personalities had little in common except what they both lacked-- a quality of ordinary connectedness to other human beings." (page 41 of 347)


from Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami~

"We were drinking coffee after the meal and talking about the university when we heard the sound of sirens. They got louder and louder and seemed to be increasing in number. Lots of people ran by the store, some of them shouting. Midori went to the window that faced the street, opened the window, and looked down. 'Wait here a minute,' she said, and disappeared, after which i heard feet pounding up the stairs."


I won't include any more from The Tale of Genji either since I did a whole post with quotes on Sunday. If you missed that post and are interested, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. The Cafe Tempest book sounds so good! I think I might have to read that one.

    I love reading on the deck until dark, too. My favorite part of summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Cafe Tempest teaser just made me laugh! I can sit on my deck and read all day also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!