July 14, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays- Norwegian Wood and Cafe Tempest


I have two teasers I want to share with you today!

Teaser #1: "But I've never directed a play." She looks up, fork arrested. "That's never stopped you from doing anything before," she says. It's the sort of historical accuracy that makes newer friendships so attractive. -from Cafe Tempest: Adventures on a Greek Island by Barbara Bonfigli

Teaser #2: "I do need time, though, for Naoko's face to appear. And as the years have passed, the time has grown longer. The sad truth is that what I could recall in five seconds all too soon needed ten, then thirty, then a full minute--like shadows lengthening at dusk." -from Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami

5 comments:

  1. Norwegian Wood! I love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this post did what it was supposed to! I poked a little further into Cafe Tempest. My appallingly long and groaning wish list offers you no thanks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nymeth- I am only 2 chapters in and I am already hooked on what I am going to read next!

    Kristen- lol I've been considering having a giveaway for the book when I am finished reading it and have the blog tour, so maybe you'll get lucky and win it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second one is almost lyrical. Very lovely quote.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these teasers. I'm really looking forward to reading Norwegian Wood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!