July 7, 2009

The Quote Game- A rose by any other name...

Welcome to this week's Quote Game! Sorry for not getting this up last week. I had a couple of e-mails about that! I was having an off day and did not get to post at all last Tuesday. So I am just moving the topics back a week!

The topic for this week is Quotes about Flowers or with a Flower name.

Here is the quote that I left with you last week to start you off:

"They were careless people, Tom and Daisy — they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made…" -from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Please be sure to leave your quote for this week's topic in the Comments section! If you do not have a quote to share, be sure to let others know if you enjoyed reading their quotes!

Next week's topic
is Quotes from Jodi Picoult books. It doesn't matter which book or what the quote is about (as long as it can be taken out of context so all readers can enjoy it.) Here are two quotes to get you started for next week:

"Something still exists as long as there's someone around to remember it." -from Nineteen Minutes

"It was possible that a miracle was not something that happened to you, but rather something that didn't." -from The Tenth Circle


Be sure to look for and remember quotes from your favorite Picoult novel or from one you are reading now or even the one you most recently read. Come by next Tuesday and share your quote(s) with us! I love reading the quotes you find!

5 comments:

  1. Oh lord I love that Gatsby quote! It was always one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
    - Emma Goldman


    This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P&P- Thanks!

    Staci- Great quote! Thanks for participating! I hope you come back next week with a quote, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm late this week. My flower quote is from 'Vision in White' by Nora Roberts.

    "People dated all the time, didn't they? They rarely died due to the activity. He grabbed what seemed to be a colorful, casual arrangement, and stalked over to the express line.

    They were colorful, he thought with some resentment. They smelled nice. A couple of those big gerbera daisies were mixed in, and they struck him as a friendly flower. None of the dreaded roses, he mused, which, according to the law of Bob, meant he'd basically be asking Mackensie to marry him and bear his children." (Page 106)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerri- You're not late! You can post the quotes up whenever you want to! I love the quote. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!