July 21, 2009

The Quote Game- Love Stories

It's all about Quotes from Love Stories!


Here are the 2 quotes that I left with you last week to start you off:

"I come here with no expectations, only to profess, now I am at the liberty to do so, that my heart is and will always be yours." -from Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen

"Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can." -from At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

Please be sure to leave your quote for this week's topic in the Comments section! If you do not have a quote to share, be sure to let others know if you enjoyed reading their quotes!


Next week's topic
is...

Favorite Quotes from 19th Century Literature
Here are two quotes to get you started for next week:

"We said there warn't no home like a raft, after all. Other places do seem so cramped up and smothery, but a raft don't. You feel mighty free and easy and comfortable on a raft." -from Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

"
If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain: If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin Unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain."
-from the poem If I can stop one heart from breaking...by Emily Dickinson


Be sure to look for and remember quotes from your favorite novels and poems of the 1800s! Come by next Tuesday and share your quote(s) with us!

6 comments:

  1. My quote is not a Love Story in the true sense, but the theme of falling in love is very interesting in 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro and in a way it really is a modern love story.

    'We know you must get tired of it, all these couples coming to you, claiming to be in love. Tommy and me, we never would have come and bothered you if we weren't really sure.'

    'Sure?' It was the first time she'd spoken for ages and we both jolted back a bit in surprise. 'You say you're sure? Sure that you're in love? How can you know it? You think love is so simple? So you are in love. Deeply in love. Is that what you're saying to me?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote, Kerri! Thanks for your participation every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, which love story to pick? :)

    "She had grown older. And he loved her more now than he had loved her when he understood her better, when she was the product of her parents. What she was now was what she herself had decided to become." -The English Patient, by Michael Odjaatne (? I can never spell his last name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quote, heidenkind! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite quotes of all time, though it's not exactly a traditional love story:

    "It is the broken heart that makes us human in the end." Iona Moon by Melanie Rae Thon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quote, Jena! Thanks for participating this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!