July 14, 2009

The Quote Game- Author Jodi Picoult


Welcome to this week's Quote Game!

The topic for this week is Jodi Picoult Quotes!
Here are the 2 quotes that I left with you last week to start you off:

"Something still exists as long as there's someone around to remember it." -from Nineteen Minutes

"It was possible that a miracle was not something that happened to you, but rather something that didn't." -from The Tenth Circle

Please be sure to leave your quote for this week's topic in the Comments section! If you do not have a quote to share, be sure to let others know if you enjoyed reading their quotes!


Next week's topic
is...
Quotes from Love Stories
Here are two quotes to get you started for next week:

"I come here with no expectations, only to profess, now I am at the liberty to do so, that my heart is and will always be yours." -from Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen

"Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can." -from At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks


Be sure to look for and remember quotes from your favorite love stories! Come by next Tuesday and share your quote(s) with us!

4 comments:

  1. I have read quite a few Jodi Picoult books and have always enjoyed them. Here's a couple of quick quotes I dug up tonight.

    "Mia Townsend believed in love, she really truly did. She knew it could strike certain people like a stray line of lightning, leaving them prostrate and burning and gasping for breath."
    (Mercy - Page 39)

    "At that moment, everything becomes clear. It's like having someone walk up to a chalky window that you've been trying to see through for days, and wiping it clean." (Vanishing Acts - Page 230)

    "It is not until I am in the bathroom, washing the dirt from my feet, that I realize I am clenching something in my left hand. I open my fist like a flower: soft and supple and honey-coloured, these are the tiniest pair of moccasins I have ever seen." (Second Glance - Page 163)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri-

    Three fantastic quotes! I have not read Second Glance and I am so intrigued by the tiny pair of moccasins. Vanishing Acts is on my bookshelf to be read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanishing acts was actually the first Picoult I ever read and it was my second favorite. (My Sister's Keeper will always be number one!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Sister's Keeper is my favorite, too! I hate that they switched the ending for the movie. I am refusing to go see it. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!