July 21, 2009

Monday Movie Meme: I Hated It


Feature Presentation...

MONDAY MOVIE MEME

This week's movie topic is all about Walking Out...

We're pretty tolerant Bumbles. We're optimistic and like to give people every opportunity to shine. And we like to finish what we've started. Which is why we don't walk out on movies. But that doesn't mean we haven't thought about it. Here are a few that made us wish we had given up on them (and one that we actually did). Have you ever walked out of a theater? Demanded a refund after renting? Turned the channel? Share on your blog some of the movies that made you wish you had that time in your life back and then link back here at The Bumbles. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!


Wrong Turn- This movie could have been so much more than it was. My friends and I finished watching it and looked at each other like 'Seriously?' There was a scene in which the victims were trying to outsmart the inbred cannibals (yes, you read that right, and they looked the part too) by hanging out in a tree and jumping from tree to tree, back and forth. What? Who does that? And the only character worth caring about got killed off early on.

10,000 B.C. (2008)- I thought this movie would be awesome, but it was just awful. The actors were weak, the plot was thin, the direction was off, and we couldn't even finish watching it.

Little Miss Sunshine (2006)- I seriously do not understand the popularity of this movie. It wasn't funny, it wasn't clever, it wasn't dramatic, it wasn't moving. What was it? Bizarre and dumb. Alan Arkin won an Oscar for it, but he was only in the movie for about 30 minutes, and did not do that fabulous an acting job. And the scene at the end at the pageant was a train wreck.

The Village (2004)- My friend and I went to see this in the theater. We were expecting scary and clever, a la The Sixth Sense. Instead, we got wtf? The ending was interesting, but it was not the scary horror movie it was advertised to be. It was very anti-climactic and we wanted our 2 hours back.


11 comments:

  1. I did not enjoy The Village, either. Did you see Lady in the Water? I turned that one off half way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the last 2 - agree with you totally. But I always feel like M. Night Shyamalan has this great expectations thing working to his disadvantage since Sixth Sense, so I wonder, well maybe it wasn't that bad but it wasn't as good as we thought it should be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fun of the climactic scene in Little Miss Sunshine is that her "talent" shows so literally the way beauty contests exploit the little girls who enter. But the humor is like that all the way through; you have to enjoy the sideways perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen all of these movies and hated all of them except one. We actually paid big bucks to go see The Village in the theater as a family, and I was soooo disappointed! I know that I am in the minority, but I really enjoyed Little Miss Sunshine. Almost everyone I know hated it, but something about it just appeals to me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprisingly I liked The Village. I didn't expect that I would as I didn't like any of the other M. Night movies.

    If you mean Jeremy Sisto's character in Wrong Turn, then I am definitely with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed Little Miss Sunshine, too! As for the Village, we guessed the ending almost from the beginning, so it didn't impress me that much, but I still liked it.

    The only time I walked out on a movie is "Me, Myself and Irene". I don't really get Jim Carey's humor, and it was the day after prom if I remember correctly... we were really tired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave up on M. Night Shamalamadingdong's movies. The Sixth Sense was great - Unbreakable was pretty cool too. After that? Signs? Not that great. Downhill from there.

    I love Little Miss Sunshine. Though I do question Arkin's Oscar - so brief a performance - was it really that much better than the others nominated? Nah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love The Village. Like so much. But I knew it wasn't a horror movie going in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you on 10,000 BC and Little Miss Sunshine. Uhg, I hated that movie--I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

    The Village I liked, but I didn't see it in the theater. So when when it got boring I could get up and forage for snacks. :) Wrong Turn I've never seen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Little Miss Sunshine. It's one of my favourite movies, and I did find it clever and funny and moving. M. Night Shyamalan I agree with you about, though...not a big fan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!