July 14, 2009

Mailbox Monday

Welcome to Mailbox Monday! Here is a mailbox for the sci-fi fans out there. R2D2 is a classic. Never would have thought to make him into a mailbox, though, I have to say!

I had four books come in the past two weeks and I also got four books at a deep discount that I will share with you too!



When I Was Puerto Rican by Esmeralda Santiago
Sent to me via Book Mooch
(First coveted from a friend's list on Goodreads I believe)

Cafe Tempest: Adventures on a Greek Island by Barbara Bonfigli
Sent to me by Nikki Leigh
(Blog Tour Stop Here on July 31st!!!)

The Reincarnationist by M.J. Rose
Delivered to me from Book Mooch
(First coveted here on this Friday Finds post!)

A Disobedient Girl by Ru Freeman
Sent to me via TLC Blog Tours
(Blog Tour Stop Here on August 25th!!!)
(First coveted here on this Friday Finds!)

I also picked up four books at a "Giant Book Sale". I mean, I can't ignore the sign when I drive by it but so many times. I went in and I couldn't believe it. All the hardback books were $4 and all paperbacks were $2! I thought, okay, but it will be really bad books or something. But not at all! I picked up these 4 below for only $12! I broke my 'no books buying' ban, but hey 4 books for $12? That's practically a gift!

The Forest Lover by Susan Vreeland
(Seen here on this Friday Finds post!)

The Salt Roads by Nalo Hopkinson
(Seen here on Take Me Away to Haiti!)

The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig
(First coveted from a friend's list on Goodreads and from book blog reviews)

Away from You by Melanie Finn
(Seen here on Take Me Away to Kenya!)


What did you find in your mailbox this week?

10 comments:

  1. Nice lot! Haven't read any of them but Café Tempest looks great. I only received one book via mail this week: Peter Carey's True History of the Kelly Gang, mooched! Happy Monday, err, Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Reincarnationist too. One of my friends is reading it at the moment and she said it was hard to get into at first, but definitely worth continuing with as she is now loving it.
    Cafe Tempest - looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover on A Disobedient Girl. It just looks like it should be a good book. I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was Puerto Rican catches my eye. I'll be looking for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire- I watched Ned Kelly with Heath Ledger and Orlando Bloom. Very good! And, yeah, I got this up in the last hours of Monday, huh? lol

    Scrap Girl- So far Cafe Tempest is good. I am enjoying it. Thanks for the tip on The Reincarnationist. I do tend to get frustrated if I can't get into a book within a certain amount of pages, but it helps me get farther when I know the payout is good. :)

    Nicole- I love the cover, too! I can't wait to read this. The author is going to have a guest post on my blog tour date, too, so look out for that!

    Anna- Thanks, Anna!

    Bermudaonion- It is a memoir and you know I love me some memoirs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stack! I read Esmeralda Santiago but I can't remember much of the book anymore. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good stuff.

    I just started the Silver book for my colorful challenge, by the way. I will send a review when I finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vasilly- Thanks! Maybe it will come back to you when I write my review. :)

    Rose City Reader- Thanks! I can't wait to read your review on the Silver book. You are so far ahead of me on the challenge! I have only read Silver and Blue. Gotta catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got some good ones there! I'm looking forward to reading The Reincarnationist and A Disobedient Girl. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!