July 24, 2009

Literary Links of Note


Literary Links of Note
July 24, 2009

1. What is Postmodern Literature, Anyway? About.com's Mark Flanagan offers up the answer, plus a link to a list of 61 Essential Postmodern Reads. Have you read any postmodern literature?

2. Are you a reader and a writer? Here is some Summer Reading for Writers.

3. The National Book Foundation is celebrating the 60th year of the National Book Awards by blogging one National Book Award winning Fiction winner each day. Click here for more info.

4. From NYT Books: Some have traced the explosion of memoir writing in the past decade to the spectacular success of “Angela’s Ashes” by Frank McCourt, who died this week. His book seemed to give a generation of unpublished writers confidence that whatever happened to them might well be of universal interest. We asked some writers and editors how memoirs have progressed or morphed in recent years and whether the McCourt effect has been good (or bad) for the genre by making it seem so easy: Memoirs and McCourt-Room for Debate


Questions, thoughts, or ideas? Please leave a comment!

3 comments:

  1. Anegla's Ashes is one of my favorite books! Though so many horrible things about to McCourt while he was growing up his tone about it was "it's okay. I made it" and believe him.

    I have a few of the postmodern books on my list to read. I think the only one I've read is The Scarlett Letter.

    Now I'm off to see about the summer reading for writers. Great links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links. I enjoyed learning more about post-modern works. It was a helpful article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vasilly- I was surprised by how many of the postmodern books on the list I had already read. I had no idea they would be considered postmodern lit!


    Booklogged- I am glad that you found a link of interest! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!