July 17, 2009

Friday Finds - I Have a Disease, a Book Disease


I have been WAY behind (that's an understatement) on catching up on my favorite blogs so this week's Friday Finds is books o' plenty. And I haven't even finished reading all the blogs yet! These are all of the discoveries I have made in July thus far-

from At Home With Books:

The Aviary Gate by Katie Hickman

Come on Shore and We Will Kill and Eat You All by Christina Thompson

The Concubine's Daughter by Pai Kit Fai

Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen



from Book Addiction:

The Good Women of China by Xinran



from 1330v:

Small Wonder by Barbara Kingsolver



from Musings of a Bookish Kitty:

One More Year: Stories by Sara Krasikov


from A Sea of Books and from Bibliophile By the Sea:

The Sari Shop Window by Shobhan Bantwal
The Sari Shop Window Link 2



also from Bibliophile By the Sea:

The God of War by Marisa Silver


from An Adventure in Reading:

Falling by Anne Simpson



from Reading in Appalachia:

How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life by Mameve Medwed

Larry's Party by Carol Shields



from Book, Line, and Sinker:

In the Wake of the Boatman by Jonathon Scott Fuqua





from My Friend Amy:

Stop Me if You've Heard This One Before by David Yoo



from A Garden Carried in the Pocket:

Yoga for Body, Breath, and Mind: A Guide to Personal Reintegration by A.G. Mohan
(I love yoga and I love jenclair's yoga book reviews!)



from Today's Adventure:

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting



from Melissa's Bookshelf:

Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham
(Melissa is the first one to actually attract my interest to this book, as neither of us read much chick lit and she liked it. Maybe I should try it out, too.)


I have some sort of book collecting disease. I wonder if there is a cure.

12 comments:

  1. What a lot of Friday Finds! Lucky you!

    I found Holly's inbox in one of my other FF's - still got to read it yet, but it looks great!

    Have a great weekend! My Friday Fill in can be found HERE!

    And here's my Friday Find

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this disease also. Luckily for M, I take it to the library instead of the bookstore! My WoW books? Then I go to the bookstore.

    My Friday Finds are here, I'll be back later to check out more your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly put together quite some list. I love the title Come on Shore and We Will Kill You and Eat You. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same disease and I don't wanna find a cure! You found some great books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list; glad you're catching up! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sassy Brit- Thanks!


    Book Dragon- Yes, I am on a book buying ban (except for that one day I bought 4 for $12, oops but it WAS a good deal...)


    Nicole- Isn't that title crazy? We will kill you and eat you. I think it wins the prize for creepiest book title of the year.


    Bermudaonion- Yeah I do have Stage 4 book coveting disease. Hey, there are much worse diseases, right!


    rhapsodyinbooks- Thanks! I am glad I am catching up, too. I am glad I am getting out of my funk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many good ones! I hope you do get a chance to read One More Year. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice posting. Do you know about these yoga books?

    http://www.yogavidya.com/freepdfs.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes, that is a lot of new ones for my list. Falling; Simpson looks really good. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no cure that I've found, just go with it!! I wish I could deduct book purchases on my taxes- that would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is NO cure for a book addiction. The only treatment is a steady dose of reading - or a 12 step program, but really, why bother with that when reading is so fun? (it's just the money....)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Garden Spells ftw! Personally, I loved that book. :)

    Remember admitting you have a problem is the first step. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!